2019 13th round pick (378): Dan Hammer - RHS - (JR) University of Pittsburgh

On 6/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, Can_of_corn said:

11216-590x332.jpg

I have to admit that I was a goofy guilty pleasure of mine to watch.  So stupid but somehow enjoyed it.   That and Herman’s head.   

As for Hammer, we do need to get him for the name alone! 

His Twitter account says he’s in the Baltimore Orioles organization, but I have seen no confirmation of his signing yet, or his name listed on any minor league affiliate rosters.  I wonder what the deal is with him.  I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:50 PM, Tony-OH said:

Clearly Elias and Sig are going off trackman numbers and not stats with these kinds of guys.

Does he have the now coveted FB/CB arsenal?  

6+ ERA, I can’t imagine this dude getting a ton of money. Not 125K+. If this guy goes back to school he’s going to be a 20k or less senior sign, at best. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Does he have the now coveted FB/CB arsenal?  

6+ ERA, I can’t imagine this dude getting a ton of money. Not 125K+. If this guy goes back to school he’s going to be a 20k or less senior sign, at best. 

He has better stuff than McLarty, but has never consistently performed. It's 4th/5th round stuff on the right day. 91-94, slurvy breaking ball, changeup, both offspeed pitches flash above average.