Hyde postgame

eddie83

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philip said:

All right, I’ll use small words.

What matters is what he DOES.

If he screams at a guy behind closed doors, and then says,” now get out. You’re starting at SS tomorrow.” Then he hasn’t DONE anything. He has only SAID something. I wouldn’t want him yelling at me, but when the yelling stops, it’s business as usual and that means nothing.

when he starts sitting guys for sloppy play that will mean something. He can’t send down Davis and a few others but he can send down damn near everyone else. And he should. If winning is not part of our long term planning( or however Elias stated it) then who is up or down doesn’t matter. Send them down for a couple weeks. Bring up Rickard and Mullins and anyone else. Let Villar and Severino ride the Norfolk bus for a couple weeks.

otherwise when the yelling stops it’s back to normal.

What makes you think Hyde can send guys down?

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eric Nadel was his drill sgt.

Oh it wasn’t 100, Was a bit of hyperbole, any idiot should’ve been aware of that, but I’m happy to explain to the elementary kids here. Usually it was 50 or 60, And after that he would switch to a different exercise like the flutter kick, and actually that’s the last specific name I can remember.  But it just became a part of normal life, for instance on Sunday we were allowed to buy the Sunday paper, but we had to do 50 push-ups. The newspaper boy was doubtless amused when every guy in the platoon went down with a buck and a half and did 50 push-ups before getting his paper and running upstairs.

I can still do 25 honest push-ups and that’s not too bad.

4 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Brandon Hyde is going to be our Bo Porter.  I kind of feel sorry for the guy - but not really because he gets to be a freaking MLB manager for a while.

In any case, he's not here to win games.

I thought about the Bo Porter comparison a lot, But I don’t know enough about Porter’s methods to judge one over the other.

Hyde is not getting the best from his players and doesn’t seem to be responding to that effectively, so I wonder how long his leash is.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Oh it wasn’t 100, Was a bit of hyperbole, any idiot should’ve been aware of that, but I’m happy to explain to the elementary kids here. Usually it was 50 or 60, And after that he would switch to a different exercise like the flutter kick, and actually that’s the last specific name I can remember.  But it just became a part of normal life, for instance on Sunday we were allowed to buy the Sunday paper, but we had to do 50 push-ups. The newspaper boy was doubtless amused when every guy in the platoon went down with a buck and a half and did 50 push-ups before getting his paper and running upstairs.

Did you just call someone an idiot on OH? 

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He can’t send down anyone. The GM makes those calls. 

If he sat all the players who have played sloppy at some point they won’t have enough players to field a team. 

If that is true, and I doubt he has no say at all over his 25-man,  then anything he says is meaningless. He’s a paper tiger and they know it and he knows it. If he can’t even pull a guy during a game then why bother listening to him? What can he do?

nothing.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

I bet Brady can do 100.

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

I thought about the Bo Porter comparison a lot, But I don’t know enough about Porter’s methods to judge one over the other.

Hyde is not getting the best from his players and doesn’t seem to be responding to that effectively, so I wonder how long his leash is.

Hyde gets at least until end of next season. 

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did seven years never saw anyone do 100 pushups in one go.  Certainly not four weeks into basic.  Four most important works during a smoke session, muscle failure drill sgt.

I could do 50 at one time. Isn’t that what you have to do to pass basic training?

Archived