vs. D-RAYS, 7/01

OFFNY

The Orioles challenged unsuccessfully on Villar's attempted steal.  I'm thinking that the reason they didn't challenge on Santander's attempted steal was because they can't challenge again after one is unsuccessful.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Sure, but using one of the worst starts of the season at AAA to justify pulling him in this game isn't all that logical when you consider that he had gone 7+ innings in four of five starts prior to that one and at least six in all five of them. Obviously, he can get through a lineup more than twice and does so on a fairly consistent basis. Don't baby him now. He also threw over 95 pitches in five of the last six starts. So, I'm not sure how you can say he can't get through a lineup more than twice when he'd been doing that in most of his starts in AAA this season.

I do blame Hyde for taking him out too early. He should have been allowed to at least try to get through the sixth. I am glad he pitched well at least.

Look at the EVs in that last inning. They were getting to him. You can be upset all you want though, but it's not justified.

Just now, WillyM said:

The Orioles challenged unsuccessfully on Villar's attempted steal.  I'm thinking that the reason they didn't challenge on Santander's attempted steal was because they can't challenge again after one is unsuccessful.

That's what I thought as well.

1 minute ago, WillyM said:

Can’t they ask for a look from the umps since it is the 7th?