Seamus Curran* 21 DEL 365 15 4.1%
Mason Williams* 27 NFK 371 14 3.8%
Carlos Perez 28 BOW 288 10 3.5%
Christopher Bostick 26 NFK 348 12 3.4%
Yusniel Diaz 22 BOW 310 10 3.2%
Jake Ring* 24 FDK 192 6 3.1%
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Guy has been tearing it up in Delmarva. He'll probably finish the year with Delmarva and their postseason play. Will be interesting to see if he starts in Frederick OD next year. If he finishes this year strong, he can quickly become a legit prospect for the O's.

Would be a major pleasant surprise for me. I don't think I loved the pick at the time. It would be awesome if he's a nugget.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

My hope is for Watson, Rizer, Stower, and Rutschman all to make the jump to Frederick.  Don't see why not although Stowers hasn't gotten untracked yet.  I also think there's a good chance We'll makes the jump and also jumps Encnarcion who, unfortunately, hasn't really earned a promotion from Delmarva.

Add Hall and the pitchers and that could be another championship contending team.

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It's not realistic for them to cover all their hitting needs in house all the time.  And they need a new veteran presence on the team anyway, especially assuming Burnes, McCann and Santander are gone.
    • F the Royals, man. I cast aspersions and curses at them. Anything that goes wrong for the Royals I will celebrate. I will happily root for the Yankees to beat them if they play head to head. I will undoubtedly root for the NL to win the WS if KC makes it to the WS. The Royals are a bunch of lucky bastards. Every call always goes their way and nothing ever goes our way. They don't deserve that luck. I want something to go bad for them. Very, very, very bad. I want them to feel what it's like for all of their starters to need TJ surgery. I want them to feel what it's like for every line drive to be hit right into the glove of your opponent's fielders. I want them to feel what it's like to watch your promising young stars flame out and shrink at the time of urgency. There will be a new term on this board next year. The MFRs.
    • I get the skepticism, but the Angelos’ are no longer in charge. I think the payroll is going to significantly increase and a significant/not cheap free agent or two or three will be signed.  I’m not bet my house on it certain, but I think the odds are high. There’s video of the owner after the game talking to fans and he was clearly not happy. 
    • This is very true.  The O’s had a lot of bad luck in Game 2, and these are two prime examples, along with O’Hearn’s grounder up the middle that was very close to sneaking through, which would have scored a run, but Massey made the play and threw him out to end the inning.  Even Adley hit a ball hard in the 5th with the bases loaded that happened to be right where Witt was positioned in the hole, but with any luck at all, it gets through and we score 2 runs.     On the flip side, in the inning where the Royals went up 2-1, Cionel continued his run of bad luck when he gave up a Baltimore chop for a single and then Massey bloops a single into right center with 2 outs.  Neither ball hit well, but placed in the perfect spots.  Then Witt hits a hard grounder up the middle, which Westburg gets to, and with any luck at all, Gunnar is standing close to 2B and Westy is able to just flip the ball to him for the force out to end the inning.  After watching the replay, Gunnar appears to be close enough to the bag that Westy should have just tossed the ball up to him and hoped for the best, as with Witt’s speed it was very unlikely he would be able to throw him out from his stomach.  But in the heat of the moment, Westy had to make a quick decision, and unfortunately opted to throw the ball to first. It’s small things like this that can make the difference in a close, low scoring game, and unfortunately, the Royals got more breaks than the O’s did and took advantage of them more than the O’s did with the very few breaks they got.   
    • Fabian may be as the season goes on
    • Is there a definitive MLB source for service time?     Cot's has him at 4 years, 170 days (i.e. 2 days short of 5 years) going into last season.  If accurate, he is not a FA and would be arbitration eligible if the option was not exercised. https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/al-east/baltimore-orioles/   But Fangraphs has him at 5 years and 2 days going into last season.  If accurate, he would be a free agent if the option is not picked up. https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/orioles   If anyone has definitive guidance, I'd like to know.  Thanks in advance.
    • There are certain things I will miss. I mean, this was a rule 5 guy who hadn’t played above A ball and found a way to be a really solid player. Tons of respect for his work ethic, the person he seems to be and the teammate he seems to be. But it’s just time to move on. If he accepts the QO and stays for 2025, I won’t be terribly upset but that’s not going to happen.
  • Popular Contributors