Lotta moves

weams

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Wow, Mullins demoted?

He may be a potential 26th man for the double-header, or additional help at any point during the weekend.  Coming off a break and playing at 7 pm, 1 pm, 7 pm and 1 pm is tough, potential for some injuries or additional bodies, and having him 30 minutes down the road will be clutch. 

EDIT: Maybe not, last I saw his numbers in AAA they were at least respectable.  Looks like he's cratered.  

We still need two starters for the TB series. Bundy has the opener and Cashner has game four, but both DH starters are TBD. I assume one will be Eshelman which would be a huge test for him making his first two starts against the same team. Actually, I remember seeing Means there for Saturday, but it's now TBD.

..and no surprises on the moves. I don't think Mullins ever makes it back unless the Orioles get carpet bombed with injuries. Good to see Hays back, but unfortunate that it seems he will have durability issues over the course of his career.

6 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Now can Hays please stay healthy for the season and start producing again. 

Mullins... I was a fan, but I kinda wonder if he ever makes it back at this point. Sigh. 

The weak throwing arm was apparent right away, but I thought the question was going to be whether his other pluses would make that weakness tolerable, so that he could hold down CF at least for a while -- and maybe for a long time. He has fallen far and fast from that position.

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

We still need two starters for the TB series. Bundy has the opener and Cashner has game four, but both DH starters are TBD. I assume one will be Eshelman which would be a huge test for him making his first two starts against the same team. Actually, I remember seeing Means there for Saturday, but it's now TBD.

Wojociechiewski.

I hope I spelled that right

Just now, Philip said:

Wojociechiewski.

I hope I spelled that right

I would rather see Eshelman. He has a good debut and then he gets sent back down so Wojo can pitch instead? I don't get it really.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Agreed. No “tough health admission” was made and Elias said again today that Adley was not injured. The mystery lives on. 
    • Everyone in every era would like Willie Wilson. Analytics folks don’t dislike batting average and steals — they just don’t value them in the same way that the game used to. I guess maybe that comes off as “dislike,” but it’s not really that. Willie could hit and he could field and he added lots of value on the bases. He was a great player. The good news is that Willie is a great comp for the sort of player they’re hoping Enrique Bradfield will become, so it’s not like they’re just totally opposed to that profile. Omar Moreno is a little bit of a different story, in that he couldn’t hit. We kind of already have Omar Moreno, we just call him Jorge Mateo. Nobody has seemed to want to keep him around, for years now. I’d love a true clutch hitter. But I think it’s pretty hard to identify them. How many guys out there (excluding, let’s say, the top 20 or so hitters who are great in any all situations) do you think are really reliably clutch hitters?
    • With the amount of draft picks we have used on college OF w/ picks between 6 - 100, we should have an in house 4th OF option.
    • He also said in today’s presser that Mayo never played OF through HS…mentioned he can already play 3B at the ML level and will move around based on team needs. RF has been discussed but infield is Mayo’s (outlook)
    • It's not realistic for them to cover all their hitting needs in house all the time.  And they need a new veteran presence on the team anyway, especially assuming Burnes, McCann and Santander are gone.
    • F the Royals, man. I cast aspersions and curses at them. Anything that goes wrong for the Royals I will celebrate. I will happily root for the Yankees to beat them if they play head to head. I will undoubtedly root for the NL to win the WS if KC makes it to the WS. The Royals are a bunch of lucky bastards. Every call always goes their way and nothing ever goes our way. They don't deserve that luck. I want something to go bad for them. Very, very, very bad. I want them to feel what it's like for all of their starters to need TJ surgery. I want them to feel what it's like for every line drive to be hit right into the glove of your opponent's fielders. I want them to feel what it's like to watch your promising young stars flame out and shrink at the time of urgency. There will be a new term on this board next year. The MFRs.
    • I get the skepticism, but the Angelos’ are no longer in charge. I think the payroll is going to significantly increase and a significant/not cheap free agent or two or three will be signed.  I’m not bet my house on it certain, but I think the odds are high. There’s video of the owner after the game talking to fans and he was clearly not happy. 
  • Popular Contributors