Adley Rutschman 2019

Greg Pappas

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

Rutsch sits at an .878 OPS after today's double-header concluded. I imagine he'll be off to Aberdeen by this weekend, as has been speculated.

I don't know, 878 doesn't scream dominance to me.  I think he needs some more time to master the level.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, weams said:

This doesn't deserve its own thread, so I'll take the entry here.  The MLB Orioles 3 IBB given are second fewest this year.  Buck's Orioles last year gave out an about league average 29.

In a clear case of this is Elias/Sig signal not noise, the first fewest is the Astros with 0, who are bidding to be perhaps the first team in memory not to give one (it'll also make it all the more special if say they gave one to Trout in a postseason game).

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

This doesn't deserve its own thread, so I'll take the entry here.  The MLB Orioles 3 IBB given are second fewest this year.  Buck's Orioles last year gave out an about league average 29.

In a clear case of this is Elias/Sig signal not noise, the first fewest is the Astros with 0, who are bidding to be perhaps the first team in memory not to give one (it'll also make it all the more special if say they gave one to Trout in a postseason game).

Interesting!

9 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I'm not surprised, as I believe analytics suggest intentional walking someone is almost never a good idea, statistically speaking

2nd and 3rd and less than 2 outs is, depending on who's hitting, prime IBB territory.  In many cases in the NL, walking the number 8 hitter while baserunners are on is the correct strategy.

There aren't many situations where it's correct, but then, IBBs aren't particularly common.

There are situations where it's okay to walk Mike Trout with the bases loaded.  Not very many of them, but they exist.