Gunnar Henderson 2019

Greg Pappas

Just an FYI... Gunnar has been playing better of late.  The 18-year old got off to a slow start, but has hits in his last 9 out of 10 games and raised his average from .158 to .241.  It's just 63 PA overall, so small sample size.  Nice to see, regardless. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=hender000gun

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

Just an FYI... Gunnar has been playing better of late.  The 18-year old got off to a slow start, but has hits in his last 9 out of 10 games and raised his average from .158 to .241.  It's just 63 PA overall, so small sample size.  Nice to see, regardless. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=hender000gun

He definitely has the body that will produce power eventually and getting out of the horror show that is the GCL should be good for him

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Gunnar hit his first home run today in a game that the GCL Orioles are winning 20(!)-2. He also tripled. His line is up to .270/.356/.397.

Wow, several players dramatically improved their numbers today.  I'd be excited about some of them, but they're 4 or 5 years older than Gunnar.  Grats to Gunnar - keep it up.  

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Wow, several players dramatically improved their numbers today.  I'd be excited about some of them, but they're 4 or 5 years older than Gunnar.  Grats to Gunnar - keep it up.  

Yep, Hernaiz also hit a home run and he is age appropriate for the league.

Trevor Putzig went 5-5 with two doubles and 2 walks. He is not age appropriate for the league though, drafted out of college last year.

Jordan Cannon hit his first home run. He is down there due to the glut of catchers at Aberdeen. Would be nice if Rutschman went to Delmarva soon and Cannon got back to Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yep, Hernaiz also hit a home run and he is age appropriate for the league.

Trevor Putzig went 5-5 with two doubles and 2 walks. He is not age appropriate for the league though, drafted out of college last year.

Jordan Cannon hit his first home run. He is down there due to the glut of catchers at Aberdeen. Would be nice if Rutschman went to Delmarva soon and Cannon got back to Aberdeen.

Dominant.

21 minutes ago, TheDeau52 said:

So you’re still holding out hope for Sparks? Legit asking, you know way more than I do in terms of prospects.

The only thing that happened was he got hurt and it seems he’s better now. I mean he’s a long ways away and we don’t know if he’ll hit for any power, but he’s a prospect. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Would be very intriguing if he and Adley were on the Shorebirds playoff roster. Unlikely, I know, but that sure would be exciting.

Not sure that he would be an asset to the Shorebirds at this point, but you never know. I am just relieved that he is hitting better, I was worried he wouldn't be advanced enough next spring to break camp with the Shorebirds.

Aberdeen is only two back in the Wild Card race with 19 games left. Maybe Gunnar can play 5-10 games plus potential playoff games in Aberdeen.