Gunnar Henderson 2019

Greg Pappas

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

OPS is almost up to .400! Definitely a big jump for a player than just turned 18. Hopefully he can put together a few good weeks and with work in instructs and spring training, start in Delmarva next year, but that is no sure thing.

Hey, if he increases his OPS by 100 points each week, he'll be fine.  Otherwise, it's time to write him off.  

• Upvote 1

He's on the young side for a H.S. senior just turning 18.  I would be pleasantly surprised to see him play well enough to start next season in Delmarva, but I'm expecting Aberdeen for 2020. 

Remember Adam Hall was a second round out of H.S. and wasn't able to break with Delmarva the season after he was drafted.  He's turned out okay.  

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's on the young side for a H.S. senior just turning 18.  I would be pleasantly surprised to see him play well enough to start next season in Delmarva, but I'm expecting Aberdeen for 2020. 

Remember Adam Hall was a second round out of H.S. and wasn't able to break with Delmarva the season after he was drafted.  He's turned out okay.  

Hall also only played 2 games in the Gulf Coast League before a pretty bad oblique strain (tear) took him down and cut into a large chunk of his off season.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Looks like he’s still figuring out his lower half, adjusting his timing to pro velocity. But he creates excellent bat speed with very minimal load.

He looked like a dead pull hitter in those quick shots. I hope that was just the ABs but you can see the quick hands and the swing is not too long.