Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/25)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Listen to other announcers..  We are the only team who has "opposite" homers.  He was waayyy too happy at that missed play by Stevie.  I want to hear just a little disappointment when we give up a deflating play, not excitement.  Also, professionals don't drink on the job.  

Gary has always been that way. He loves the game. Sometimes, that means sounding excited when things don't go our way. Besides, he doesn't really get "down" and pouty about stuff like Hunter does.

Anyway, no issues here with Thorne. Loved him when he did NHL games and still love him now. He's always been a little goofy and gets excited about exciting play no matter who's doing it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Gary has always been that way. He loves the game. Sometimes, that means sounding excited when things don't go our way. Besides, he doesn't really get "down" and pouty about stuff like Hunter does.

Anyway, no issues here with Thorne. Loved him when he did NHL games and still love him now. He's always been a little goofy and gets excited about exciting play no matter who's doing it.

This,

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Still say the O's announcers are the only that abjectly praise the other team on a regular basis.  This was even true in 2014.  Like to see how NY would handle their own announcer jumping out of their skin on a pivotal play...."Aaron Hicks missed the ball!!! And the Red Sox with the lead.  Oh MERCYY!"   Yeah, I m sure the NY crowd would be Ok with that.  

Just now, Surhoffan17 said:

Still say the O's announcers are the only that abjectly praise the other team on a regular basis.  This was even true in 2014.  Like to see how NY would handle their own announcer jumping out of their skin on a pivotal play...."Aaron Hicks missed the ball!!! And the Red Sox with the lead.  Oh MERCYY!"   Yeah, I m sure the NY crowd would be Ok with that.  

I'm sure they would go nuts, but they generally don't need much encouragement to do so. If the other team makes a good play, what's wrong with praising them?