Aug 10th v. The Rangers - SUNDAY SWEEP!

scOtt

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Mora was the player we wanted in that deal?

No, Mora was a last minute throw in when we dealt Bordick. Originally the O's were insisting on an AA SS but the Mets refused. The trade ended up being centered on two Mets minor league pitchers, w/ the primary focus on the Mets single A closer named Pat Gorman. The O's also got Mike Kinkade and Mora. Mora was only included at the last minute b/c Syd Thrift said he needed someone to play SS.

I didn't realize Bierd lost that much velocity on the fastball. He was at 86 tops, that isn't going to cut it especially if you cant command your pitches.

Cormier is garbage, DFA him after this game.

Hopefully the offense can come back

perhaps bierd wasnt the man to bring in. 0IP 4H 4R

One hit off the tip of Cintron's glove that Castro would have had.

One hit that got past Cintron that Castro would have made the play on.

One hit that Montanez couldn't get to that Luke Scott would have made the play on.

Maybe the problem isn't Bierd?

Well that is why Castro should be playing and not Cintron.

He is awful at short with no range and no arm. This game would be close if he was in. Cintron is pathetic out there and its not like he is doing anything with the bat. Get rid of Cintron and bring Fahey back up here.

One hit off the tip of Cintron's glove that Castro would have had.

One hit that got past Cintron that Castro would have made the play on.

One hit that Montanez couldn't get to that Luke Scott would have made the play on.

Maybe the problem isn't Bierd?

Um I dont think Scott would have got that. Just a lucky hit. The other two Cintron should have had.

Part of it is. He couldn't command is pitches at all and had a pathetic fastball around 85 mph.

Very bad inning for Cintron. He couldn't haul in that Laird single that he jumped for, then he couldn't flag down that grounder to his left by Ellison, and he made two weak relay throws on potential DP balls. Just goes to show the importance of a good defensive SS, I suppose.

Archived