Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/27)

OFFNY

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Using that logic, we'd be walking half the league including Ohtani who's also pretty good. Trout was just retired with a runner in scoring position, too. I like that we don't back down to hitters in that way even Trout.

There is no other hitter like Trout.  Zero, none.  He may end up being the greatest player in ML HISTORY!   So the “half the league” comparison is absurd.  I am talking Trout...only player I would consider this with.  You tell me what player is remotely comparable.  

But Ok, keep throwing it right there in his wheelhouse...what could go wrong?  lol. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

There is no other hitter like Trout.  Zero, none.  He may end up being the greatest player in ML HISTORY!   So the “half the league” comparison is absurd.  I am talking Trout...only player I would consider this with.  You tell me what player is remotely comparable.  

But Ok, keep throwing it right there in his wheelhouse...what could go wrong?  lol. 

Pitching to Trout doesn't automatically mean throwing it in his wheelhouse. Throw one in Martin's wheelhouse and he'll hit it out, too. If walking Trout was the norm around the league, Trout wouldn't be the best anymore because he'd just get four IBB's every game and wouldn't even be given the chance to show off what he can do. I don't agree with the idea of penalizing players for being too good by advocating perpetual walks to them. How many people do you think tune in to these games or show up at any Angels game to see Trout hit? It's just wrong on many levels. The best should be given the opportunity to be the best. When we're playing the Angels in October, then we can talk about walking Trout as an act of self preservation. Not under these circumstances.

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

How is it that sometimes posts from names on my Ignore list show up anyway? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

They show up if someone quotes them. I don't know tho, no one on ignore at the moment.

Site is acting a little strange for me, little things. Not the site I think, I think the whole internet is a little screwy last several weeks.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have.  Mostly Atomic and Gordo..  

Wonder how it can be fixed. But that's interesting: Those two don't get through to me, but another poster I've tried to block regularly does--I'd say about a quarter of the time (he posts frequently).

So the extra out gets Trout up with 2 on.  I won't count the failed DP because it was going to be tough, maybe if the toss to 2nd was done more cleanly, but I'll let it slide.  But Brooks not covering 1st base is a no-no.  And now it may be time to pay the price.

Archived