I really want to keep Villar (Update: Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas)

AceKing

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

How many of those options created 4WAR last season or ever 3 WAR for that matter?

That would matter to the Cardinals, Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Astros, Nationals, and Phillies. Otherwise they don;t want a Brian Roberts priced second baseman. 

1 minute ago, theocean said:

I usually have absolutely no understanding of what AJ Preller is trying to do in general.

I think that's a good sign for you. Likely means you're a logical thinker. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If Profar can get traded, you’d have to think there’d be a market for Villar. 

It was a terrible flap in Texas, where they had to deal with Kinsler and Profar  and Andrus. Kinsler refused to move off of second base, and they refused to trade Profar. They eventually traded Kinsler to Detroit for Prince Fielder so that Profar could play, and then Profar was terrible. So badly handled. They eventually dumped Profar on Oakland and now he’s been shuffled to SD.

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

It was a terrible flap in Texas, where they had to deal with Kinsler and Profar  and Andrus. Kinsler refused to move off of second base, and they refused to trade Profar. They eventually traded Kinsler to Detroit for Prince Fielder so that Profar could play, and then Profar was terrible. So badly handled. They eventually dumped Profar on Oakland and now he’s been shuffled to SD.

How much does Profar make?

Just now, Greg Pappas said:

I thought we'd hear something on the Villar front by now. Supposedly there was a 1 PM deadline...  have I missed something?

The 1pm deadline was for a team to claim him on waivers. That didn't happen, so now the 8pm non-tender deadline is next. 

• Thanks 1