Beat 'Dem Jays (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/02)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's starting to look like Sisco won't hit enough to make up for his defense.

But that is what this year is for.

Sisco came up hitting pretty well.  It's a long, grueling season.  I'm sure it's tough for these guys to keep mentally and physically prepared to perform for an entire season.  There's still hope he can work the off season and prepare better for next year.

Just now, Yossarian said:

Sisco came up hitting pretty well.  It's a long, grueling season.  I'm sure it's tough for these guys to keep mentally and physically prepared to perform for an entire season.  There's still hope he can work the off season and prepare better for next year.

Sure, I'm not writing him off yet, just saying he's struggled.  As for the long season stuff, he isn't exactly under a heavy workload so I'm not sure how much that plays into things.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hudson's story was one of the main features in The Arm.  He turned down a significant contract after his big year and then blew out and had to spend his surgery year at league minimum.  He blew out almost right away when he came back after the first one and again had to spend his rehab year at league minimum.  He had a hard time getting a job after the second, but ultimately went on to have a great career.  It really messed him up mentally and went through a lot of depression and thinking about the 'what ifs' during his down time.  
    • That’s how it always starts, I’ll be surprised if it’s a forearm strain that heals in a couple weeks. Means chances at getting a big contract in free agency is approaching zero. He’s been one of my favorites in recent team history and it sucks if his career has to end on this note of constant IL stints. 
    • Surgery is always a risk, regardless.  Last stat I saw was 83% of  Pitchers who had TJ surgeries make a full recovery and come back to pitch. 
    • https://www.mlb.com/news/pitchers-to-have-tommy-john-surgery-twice https://apnews.com/article/tommy-john-surgery-multiple-a6d8cd51afbe3078acb78c5b66934b0d  
    • It seems crazy that Means would have another torn UCL that quickly if the procedure was done correctly the first time. He doesn’t even throw hard. 
    • Orioles Place John Means On Injured List With Forearm Strain By Steve Adams | May 23, 2024 at 11:17am CDT The Orioles announced Thursday that left-hander John Means has been placed on the 15-day injured list due to a left forearm strain. Righty Jonathan Heasley has been recalled from Triple-A Norfolk to take his spot on the 26-man roster.
    • That's pretty much what you first hear when TJ is needed including when he initially went on the DL in 2022. Maybe it's a true forearm strain and that's it, but highly doubtful. 
  • Popular Contributors