vs. YANKEES Game 2, 8/12

scOtt

16 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Blach finally done. Gave up 5 but still a promising outing. He has some good stuff! Stretched out and on a 5 day rotation he might not be bad.

If Blach were 24, I'd be more optimistic about his future. But he's almost 29. I don't think there's much chance of dramatic improvement at this point.

6 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Getting a few sinkerball pitchers is looking like a better idea all the time. Too bad we don't have a good infield defense to help implement that idea.

I agree, even if we don't have a good infield I'd still rather keep it on the ground with a bad defense than letting it fly out of the park all the time.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

In regards to what Gary the Great is discussing with Palmer....I am tickled to death to see the Sox playing terrible this season.  And Cora not doing well.  

The team I hate most! 50 times more than the Yankees.

10 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Getting a few sinkerball pitchers is looking like a better idea all the time. Too bad we don't have a good infield defense to help implement that idea.

Or how about talented fly ball pitchers?  You know the kind that strike guys out and induce IFB?

The problem isn't that they aren't ground ball guys, the problem is they aren't good.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or how about talented fly ball pitchers?  You know the kind that strike guys out and induce IFB?

The problem isn't that they aren't ground ball guys, the problem is they aren't good.

Well I did say sinkerball pitcher and not just ground ball pitcher. The O's don't have any of those. I'm really just looking for a tourniquet at this point.