A look at the 40 man roster

wildcard

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Is Bleier a lock to be tendered?

I'm also not sure about Severino. He can hit but I would like at least one good defensive catcher and he is not it. 

Since I don't know what Elias is thinking I don't think I could say  Bleier is a lock.  But he as a pretty good chance.  He was a good reliever for the O's for two years.  He gets injured and had a bad year this year but finished up well in September.

The O's need effective relievers. Bleier may be one.   Coming off a bad season he probable makes under a million next season.  Well within the O's budget I would think. He also has an option left.

If you want a good defensive catcher think 2021 when Rutschman will probably be with the O's.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If Ortiz is in it, the tires will dig a moat from the bullpen to the mound...

He lost 25 pounds last offseason.   He was still a bit heavy, but not overly so.    Akin’s at least that big, I’d say.    

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He lost 25 pounds last offseason.   He was still a bit heavy, but not overly so.    Akin’s at least that big, I’d say.    

I saw Akin and Ortiz in person. Ortiz, even after the weight loss, was still quite a bit larger.

Akin isn't a small boy, but he carries it a lot better.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I saw Akin and Ortiz in person. Ortiz, even after the weight loss, was still quite a bit larger.

Akin isn't a small boy, but he carries it a lot better.

I’ll take your word for it.    Always defer to someone who actually sees the games!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:59 AM, wildcard said:

.19. Ortiz (24)-o  Too young to give up on.  Has a strong arm. Has two options left.

Will come off the 40 man roster (12)

Eades, Rogers, Ynoa, Wynns, Trumbo, Armstrong, Fry, Hanhold, Taylor Scott, Shepherd, Williams, Hess

So far you missed on Ortiz but scored on Eades, Rogers and Tayler Scott.     

Here’s the guys Roch seems to think are at the top of the list of who to protect:

The list includes infielder/outfielder Ryan Mountcastle and pitchers Keegan Akin, Dean Kremer and Cody Sedlock. Other possibilities include pitcher Gray Fenter and outfielder Ryan McKenna.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/10/orioles-outright-mason-williams.html

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

So far you missed on Ortiz but scored on Eades, Rogers and Tayler Scott.     

Here’s the guys Roch seems to think are at the top of the list of who to protect:

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/10/orioles-outright-mason-williams.html

As you can see I agree with Roch.

And yes I was surprised Elias was able to get  a 24 year old starter through waivers but  they did and that is good for the O's depth as long as he gets through he Rule 5 draft.   He is someone that is hard to see staying on a major league roster all season.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Right now it appears that Wilkerson will be the CF backup.   He could also be the starting LF  on  opening day depending on the Yankees OD starter will be.

I bet Wilkerson is DFA before the end of the offseason and passes through waivers unclaimed.

• Upvote 2