New Start Times

weams

On 11/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, fansince1988 said:

Do you think they can charge more after 10:30-11, than before 7?

I still want to know what MASN's commercial revenues are.  Does Stanley Steamer and 876-LUNA really pay the Orioles millions a year?  I'd guess it's more like low six figures, but just a guess.  Any difference between 6:30-7 and 10:30-11 could well be in the thousands of dollars a year.

29 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I still want to know what MASN's commercial revenues are.  Does Stanley Steamer and 876-LUNA really pay the Orioles millions a year?  I'd guess it's more like low six figures, but just a guess.  Any difference between 6:30-7 and 10:30-11 could well be in the thousands of dollars a year.

I doubt they get more than run of station rate for any of those. Who would pay big money to advertise on a region network with very little reach. 

What isn't noted is that all Saturday games from the beginning of the season through June will be at 4:05. I find that to be a much more significant and favorable change.

As for the 6:35 games, it is better for watching at home on tv, I can see how it is annoying for families that live in the suburbs, but how many of them come to mid-week games when school is in session anyway?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

What isn't noted is that all Saturday games from the beginning of the season through June will be at 4:05. I find that to be a much more significant and favorable change.

As for the 6:35 games, it is better for watching at home on tv, I can see how it is annoying for families that live in the suburbs, but how many of them come to mid-week games when school is in session anyway?

Unless, like me, you rarely leave the office before 6:30.     Oh well, something to listen to during drive time, I suppose.    And, I’ll be awake at the end!