A huge shout out to Tony and Luke

Frobby

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd say it's probably someone drafted last year or a DSL player that made it to the states next year and put up a big year as the best generic candidates.

Hernaiz, Stauffer, and Stowers have that ceiling that suggest they could make a big jump with a great year. Outside of the top 30? Zebron comes to mind, but Luke and I will be putting out additional list with some comments of guys that just missed the list or have some upside, but were too inexperienced/raw to be put on the list yet.

I’m looking forward to that list, too.   I feel like we have an unusually high (for this organization) number of players outside the Top 30 who performed quite well and could appear on next year’s list if they take the next step in development without a hiccup.  

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Curious to ask @Tony-OH and @Luke-OH, wanted to see which of the prospects NOT in the top 10 could make the biggest jump this year?  

I would say Hernaiz, but Tony was so high on him that he is already pretty high up the list. 

If Stauffer comes out next year and shows he can hold his stuff and perform as a starter, he's basically Kremer with a better changeup. So that'd be a jump.

McLarty or Welk are potential jumpers,

McLarty could easily to come out a throw 92-95 with average or better command and a solid 3 pitch mix as a starter, that would part him in as a #5 SP projection. Which would put him as a 45 (11-17th in this year's list).

Welk could show he is an average glove at 3B, 55 hit, 45 power, that's probably a second division 3B, a 45 (11-17th in this year's list).

Fenter is kind of a similar skill set as Baumann (curve instead of slider out pitch) but a little less stuff, so if he moves fast and performs he could be Baumann with a little more age and relief risk. That's a 45.

I won't list guys off the 30 because I don't want to spoil a future article, but needless to say there are plenty of potential jumpers there. To respond to @Frobby's post, when I sent my personal 30 to Tony to start the process of integrating our thoughts, I included 20 guys that I had in the same tier as the last 4 guys on my 30. My tiers are a little different than the final list. 

• Upvote 1

I've really enjoyed the prospect lists. The prospect lists are my favorite thing to look forward too. There's so few sites that offer such great information about organizational prospects especially many that aren't on many of the top lists. I'm really interested to see Welk in his first full season and how quickly the organization pushes him given his age. Also, I wonder if they think about moving Blaine Knight who I think is probably too small to move forward as a starter and Hanifee to the pen? I really hope that Hanifee who is a local kid who grew up in Cecil before moving to Virginia takes a step forward next year.