A huge shout out to Tony and Luke

Frobby

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Curious to ask @Tony-OH and @Luke-OH, wanted to see which of the prospects NOT in the top 10 could make the biggest jump this year?  

I'd say it's probably someone drafted last year or a DSL player that made it to the states next year and put up a big year as the best generic candidates.

Hernaiz, Stauffer, and Stowers have that ceiling that suggest they could make a big jump with a great year. Outside of the top 30? Zebron comes to mind, but Luke and I will be putting out additional list with some comments of guys that just missed the list or have some upside, but were too inexperienced/raw to be put on the list yet. 

• Upvote 3

@Moose Milligan

Regarding his comment, I asked earlier in the process who might be this year’s John Means: The guy who suddenly takes a huge leap and becomes a productive major leaguer.

If I recall, the answer was that Zimmerman was closest to that possibility. 

Is that correct? Or after some time pondering, have you guys come up with someone else who might see that kind of surprising success?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I just finished reading the last of the top 30 scouting reports.     It’s my absolute favorite feature of the Hangout.    The amount of time and effort that goes into preparing these reports is amazing.    They are always insightful and even though I know all the stats, follow these players nightly in the box scores, and read every word written about them here during the season, I always feel like I understand these players’ strengths and weaknesses so much better after reading these reports.    

Tony and Luke, I could never rep or thank you enough for putting these together.    Awesome job.   

It’s a ton of work. And they are both so good at it. It’s not just spouting opinions. It requires a year of research to do it they way they do. Going to games. Watching games. Talking to scouts and executive.  A ton of work 

This site has been a godsend for an Orioles fan living in California.  I was so happy to stumble across this site and the knowledge and wealth of information of the Orioles, its farm system and baseball in general distributed on this site is incredible.  Thanks to all who contribute here and thanks, most importantly to those that developed and run this site on a daily basis.  It is a great gift to those of us that don't get so see the O's or their prospects in person very often.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd say it's probably someone drafted last year or a DSL player that made it to the states next year and put up a big year as the best generic candidates.

Hernaiz, Stauffer, and Stowers have that ceiling that suggest they could make a big jump with a great year. Outside of the top 30? Zebron comes to mind, but Luke and I will be putting out additional list with some comments of guys that just missed the list or have some upside, but were too inexperienced/raw to be put on the list yet. 

Great job.  Can't wait to see what list Lamar Sparks and Jomar Reyes make.  haha