Rule 5 thoughts

Roll Tide

We've been throwing around name possibilities for major league level of rule five draft, but does anyone (cough, cough, @Luke-OH) have any info on possible minor league rule five possibilities?

Last year we took Taylor grover with the first pick of the minor league rule five, he was rumored to have hit 100 mph pre-draft but didn't do much at Bowie. 

2 hours ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

We've been throwing around name possibilities for major league level of rule five draft, but does anyone (cough, cough, @Luke-OH) have any info on possible minor league rule five possibilities?

Last year we took Taylor grover with the first pick of the minor league rule five, he was rumored to have hit 100 mph pre-draft but didn't do much at Bowie. 

Without the AAA protection list, I’m helpless here. And as far as I know, it’s not publicly available.

Did we pick some Quad A castoff yet?  I know I said I wouldn't check in for 24-48 hours after but today at work is a bit slow, I've caught up on all my stuff.  And quite frankly, I want to see who we pick so I can assume that they'll be terrible and make fun of anyone who's excited about it.  

(Don't worry, it's not personal.  Unless it's atomic.)

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Did we pick some Quad A castoff yet?  I know I said I wouldn't check in for 24-48 hours after but today at work is a bit slow, I've caught up on all my stuff.  And quite frankly, I want to see who we pick so I can assume that they'll be terrible and make fun of anyone who's excited about it.  

Come on, someone could be the next Randor Bierd!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I didn't know the trade portion wouldn't be announced until the draft was over so the suspense will continue to build!!

Cooper feels there is a chance the Orioles could essentially trade their pick today, which is No. 2 after Detroit selects No. 1.

Were that to happen, unless something has changed from last year, the Orioles would make a selection and the trade would be announced after the draft ends. They got Drew Jackson that way last year. He was selected by Philadelphia and acquired by the O’s after the draft.

Just now, 7Mo said:

I didn't know the trade portion wouldn't be announced until the draft was over so the suspense will continue to build!!

Cooper feels there is a chance the Orioles could essentially trade their pick today, which is No. 2 after Detroit selects No. 1.

Were that to happen, unless something has changed from last year, the Orioles would make a selection and the trade would be announced after the draft ends. They got Drew Jackson that way last year. He was selected by Philadelphia and acquired by the O’s after the draft.

Drew Jackson, an integral part of our spring training roster, don't forget.