Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

$9 million?     I’m amazed by that.   To think a few days ago people were talking about us signing him for about one-fifth of that.   

Haha. The fact that people here were talking about us signing anyone over the league min should have been your first warning sign that they were way off. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Clase should be 3rd and Reed should be down in the best of the rest.

I feel really good about the idea that we turned Bundy into 3 names on that list, all with many years of control left, instead of trading a former All Star starter for one guy who is likely to wind up being a pretty good back end of the pen guy and an outfielder who may not make their roster.

You say 3 so you value Clase above any of the Angels 4 but our guys are young enough that I feel good about betting the upside plus volume. And Kluber sure seemed more valuable as a chip than Bundy.

I know you liked Reed but I don't have faith that he'll ever hit. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I feel really good about the idea that we turned Bundy into 3 names on that list, all with many years of control left, instead of trading a former All Star starter for one guy who is likely to wind up being a pretty good back end of the pen guy and an outfielder who may not make their roster.

You say 3 so you value Clase above any of the Angels 4 but our guys are young enough that I feel good about betting the upside plus volume. And Kluber sure seemed more valuable as a chip than Bundy.

I know you liked Reed but I don't have faith that he'll ever hit. Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree completely, and there’s every chance that this trade will end up being one of the cornerstones of the Orioles immediate future, the Erik Bedard trade.  And the people at lone star ball were ecstatic about the Kluber trade, I only gave up one nice prospect and a mediocre centerfielder, but Texas did take on all of his salary. I initially thought that The Rangers weren’t spending very wisely, but I think I’ve reconsidered. A lot has to go right for them, Including getting a lot of pieces yet, but if it does, they will be contenders.

8 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

But I do agree with you completely that we got potentially 24 productive years in return for two.

32 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I liked Reed as the 10th best Rule 5 guy and he’s not one of those guys who just isn’t ready as much as a guy who probably will never hit.

Bundy got a little more than Kluber IMO, Clase is relief only, but I’d have him 3rd because he’s a guaranteed ready now Role 40 reliever with a great chance to be a 45, and a decent chance to be a 50/55 (closer). So like a 45. You could argue him above Wilson, if you think he’s a sure late inning type. 

But the Orioles got two 40+ guys (Bradish and Peek), a 40 and a 35+. Bradish and Peek both have a reasonable ceilings as rotation pieces. It’s all about development. I do think Brnovich and Peek were underdrafted, so it’s kind of deceiving if you just look at their draft positions.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, TonySoprano said:

Could be more

On 12/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, Frobby said:

$9 million?     I’m amazed by that.   To think a few days ago people were talking about us signing him for about one-fifth of that.   

I did say there was no way he was signing for less than 5 million a year.  I didn’t understand why people thought he could be had for a million.  .