Chris Tillman Showcase

Il BuonO

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Seems like the team's manager then and Brady Anderson probably played a big role in the signing, too.

Remember when Buck was hinting we were trying to keep Tillman under wraps so that no other teams' scouts could get a look at him?

That was fun.

• Haha 1

He was really, really, really bad when he came back in 2018. The first time I saw him pitching that year, I knew he was completely done and they wasted $1 million on him or whatever it was. It looked like a position player pitching. I really don't think pitchers come back from that.

Obviously it depends on how he looks now, but I have serious doubts he plays in the MLB again.

27 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

He was really, really, really bad when he came back in 2018. The first time I saw him pitching that year, I knew he was completely done and they wasted $1 million on him or whatever it was. It looked like a position player pitching. I really don't think pitchers come back from that.

Obviously it depends on how he looks now, but I have serious doubts he plays in the MLB again.

Three million.  They gave him three million.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

If he signs a milb contract and he is successful at the MLB level while earning the minimum plus incentives, he could be attractive as a deadline trade target. How sweet would it be to convert Tillman into a prospect?!

Cashner only brought back two players in the Dominican. Homer Bailey brought back a 24 yo that put up a .600 OPS in AA. 

It wouldn’t even be worth giving Tillman the innings. I’d rather they just go with MILB FA that need a chance in the MLB. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Cashner only brought back two players in the Dominican. Homer Bailey brought back a 24 yo that put up a .600 OPS in AA. 

It wouldn’t even be worth giving Tillman the innings. I’d rather they just go with MILB FA that need a chance in the MLB. 

I was trying to offer a best case scenario. One could even call that scenario ironic. But it would be sweet, nonetheless.

Whether it's a random milb FA or milb FA Tillman who is able to be traded at the 2020 deadline for a speedy shortstop ranked today as the #20 prospect in their org with a 40 FV (Merrell), I think the Orioles would be doing well for themselves.