The dichotomy in my head

Frobby

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

1.   I don’t care how many games we end up winning in 2020.    To some extent, if we are going to be bad, the fewer wins we have, the better.   

2.   But I want to win every game we play.     

That’s all.

I think every fan feels that way. I know i do.

1.   I don’t care how many games we end up winning in 2020.    To some extent, if we are going to be bad, the fewer wins we have, the better.   

That’s all.

I care. Anyone who says they don’t care whether a team wins or loses is not a fan of that team. I want the team to win more and win more every year. Establishing a good system and a deep and quality supply Is not going to be ruined if we win 60 games instead of 59, or 69 instead of 65. I don’t want any stupid decisions, but people seem to be confusing putting the best team on the field we can, with trading Zach Davies for Gerardo Parra.

There’s a whole lot of stuff we can do to field a watchable team without jeopardizing “the plan”

That’s all.

This gets harder as the rebuild moves forward but . . . I root for prospects to hit and pitch really well and for filler bullpen guys and journeymen hitters to blow it so we lose and get better draft picks. It’s easy to swallow a loss if the guys that will matter later are playing well. 

As time moves on there will be less guys to not care about and so losing will mean guys that matter aren’t performing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s all.

That sounds insane.  Maybe just not watch the Orioles next year. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

A characteristic of the developed mind is the capacity to hold incongruent beliefs simultaneously. 

That is true, but incomplete, you can accept conflicting opinions, but you cannot agree with each of them. Tolerance and understanding are not the same as agreement. That

1 minute ago, Philip said:

That is true, but incomplete, you can accept conflicting opinions, but you cannot agree with each of them. Tolerance and understanding are not the same as agreement. That

I know: Kwai Chang Caine, Season 2, Episode 21. When he gets tossed into the pit of rattlesnakes and makes them understand that we are all positive life forces that need to work together against oppression. Right?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I care. Anyone who says they don’t care whether a team wins or loses is not a fan of that team. I want the team to win more and win more every year. Establishing a good system and a deep and quality supply Is not going to be ruined if we win 60 games instead of 59, or 69 instead of 65. I don’t want any stupid decisions, but people seem to be confusing putting the best team on the field we can, with trading Zach Davies for Gerardo Parra.

There’s a whole lot of stuff we can do to field a watchable team without jeopardizing “the plan”

How so? Collecting high draft selections is part of “the plan”. If you add quality players you spend money and the team may outperform and thus hinder the plan. 

No where in the plan is a deadline deal of desperation where they pick up a middling player in exchange for a prospect.

I hate watching the Orioles lose ....But it’s part of the plan.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I know: Kwai Chang Caine, Season 2, Episode 21. When he gets tossed into the pit of rattlesnakes and makes them understand that we are all positive life forces that need to work together against oppression. Right?

Your comments are making progressively less sense.