Kodi Medeiros (23) looks like a 1st rounder Elias may be interested in

wildcard

Right now we have the value of having the high waiver priority and not the deepest 40 man roster in the business. I’m all for Elias playing the waiver wire game. 

It looks like the AAA/AA rotations are pretty crowded right now. But I’d assume we are completely crowded with the 15ish bullpen spots between AAA/AA. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

29 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now we have the value of having the high waiver priority and not the deepest 40 man roster in the business. I’m all for Elias playing the waiver wire game. 

It looks like the AAA/AA rotations are pretty crowded right now. But I’d assume we are completely crowded with the 15ish bullpen spots between AAA/AA. 

Its not about quantity.  Its about quality.   The O's AA/AAA roster is not crowded with 23 year old lefties that throw 92-95 with a plus slider.    Elias is trying to upgrade the talent in the O's organization.

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Remember, using a scale of 1 to 100 if you could replace a guy who is a 12 with a guy who is a 14, you do it.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Its not about quantity.  Its about quality.   The O's AA/AAA roster is not crowded with 23 year old lefties that throw 92-95 with a plus slider.    Elias is trying to upgrade the talent in the O's organization.

I'm for picking up pretty much any DFA'd player out there and DFA'ing Wynns.  

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm for picking up pretty much any DFA'd player out there and DFA'ing Wynns.  

Wynns has an option.  If Sisco or Severino is injured and needs 10 days off, it's useful to have a catcher that can come up and be sent back down without exposing him to waivers.  There are other players, primarily fringy pitchers or Dwight Smith Jr., that I would waive first.