OD 26 man roster halfway through ST

wildcard

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I still believe Sisco can hit. Wynns I can take or leave. 

Sisco hasn’t hit yet. I’m not married to Wynn’s or anything but I’d choose him over Sisco, but there’s no need to choose either when Holaday is doing well. He may even be better than Severino.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oddly enough, I think the bullpen COULD be decent, assuming it lines up the way it does in wildcard's OP.  I know it'll get blown out by June, but it could be a strength for this team.

I think the bullpen is going to be, like, actually good. At least for a good stretch of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Sisco hasn’t hit yet. I’m not married to Wynn’s or anything but I’d choose him over Sisco, but there’s no need to choose either when Holaday is doing well. He may even be better than Severino.

He's so good he had to sign a minor league deal with the Orioles.

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

What have you seen from Holaday to say that?

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think the bullpen is going to be, like, actually good. At least for a good stretch of the season. 

Harvey at the back end is a major unknown. If he implodes, there will be a domino effect and we'll end up where we were last year. 

Castro had a terrible April-May but then was decent. He could be sneaky good. Maybe even close if Harvey struggles. 

I still like Carroll to make the team and based on his resume he will be good. Looking good so far this spring based on the box scores.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oddly enough, I think the bullpen COULD be decent, assuming it lines up the way it does in wildcard's OP.  I know it'll get blown out by June, but it could be a strength for this team.

My biggest gripe with Elias is that he hasn't provided adequate starting pitching to allow Hyde to set up his bullpen for success. Not expecting them to sign anybody remotely expensive, but in my estimation, the bullpen will be blown out by Memorial Day.

So just to be clear... Velazquez has a total of 23 spring at bats.   And he started hot and has now cooled off, or that's our narrative.   So we are drawing a conclusion that he "isn't hitting well lately" based on a SUBSET of 22 at bats, say 10 or 12, and we are actually making conclusions based on that?   He was a good shot to make the team a week ago but this recent 10 or 12 at bats completely changes that?

Ummm, OK.

The fact that he has  both middle infield positions, CF, and at least one corner OF position makes me think he's got a really good shot, unless he has been evaluated as unacceptable at those positions.   That was true a week ago and I think it's true today.

• Upvote 2