Fangraphs: Lowther

weams

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Love it when the guys embrace the tools made available to help them.

Shouldn't baseball be a fair fight, man to man, without all this messing around?

Fezzik: We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone.

Man in Black: You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Fezzik: I could kill you now.

Man in Black: Frankly, I think the odds are slightly in your favor at hand fighting.

Fezzik: It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to need to see Lowther perform at the major league level to dispel the demons of the past that are Garrett Olson, Tyler Wilson (remember that fangraphs article that made us think there was something special about his 5 pitch mix and that he might make it?), Brad Bergesen, Josh Towers, etc. etc. 

7 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

I'm going to need to see Lowther perform at the major league level to dispel the demons of the past that are Garrett Olson, Tyler Wilson (remember that fangraphs article that made us think there was something special about his 5 pitch mix and that he might make it?), Brad Bergesen, Josh Towers, etc. etc. 

Tyler Wilson DID make it... in Korea.

15 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

I thought Bergeson made it... until Billy Butler un-made him with a line drive.

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sure, but the median player in Korea is probably a AA player in the states. 

I know that of course, I was making a joke.

Honestly though, I was kind of disappointed that Tyler didn’t make it here. I liked him. I think there’s always room for a guy who throws slow but smart. Sadly, though, that room seems to be in Korea.