2020 1st round pick (2): Heston Kjerstad - OF - (Junior) (Arkansas)

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to lie — I pretty much hate this pick.    I don’t like the ratio of upside to downside.    To me it’s a clear underslot move to try to save room.    I would not have gone this route.   

That said, I will root hard for this kid to succeed and prove how little I know.     Bring it on!

That's my take as well. I'll be more sure about how I feel when the O's are finished picking, but at this point, not pleased. 

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Really?   So teams will draft a guy who has never shown power or foot speed and assume they can some how teach that in the minors?

Sorry, I am a skeptic.

I think what Is meant is that we are born with a maximum speed, whatever it is, that is our gift.

However, if we are inefficient, We handicap ourselves and are not able to reach that maximum. He’s suggesting that we can minimize or eliminate the inefficiencies, And help him reach his maximum.

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely, but there is a minuscule chance that the O's don't sign him in order to pick 3rd next year when the odds are that there will be far more data.

I bet he has an oral agreement in place. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely, but there is a minuscule chance that the O's don't sign him in order to pick 3rd next year when the odds are that there will be far more data.

If that was the plan wouldn't it have made more sense to pick Martin?  Boras client, leaked high demand, would have provided a lot more cover.