2020 Round 4 (103): Coby Mayo - 3B - (HS)(Marjory Stoneman Douglas)

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

He looks more impressive with the bat then the last two guys we took.  Granted competition isn’t same but nit lot movement and appeared more balanced to drive the ball.

20/80 had him two after our third rounder. 

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

What’s his signability?

Florida commit so has offer to big time program but I think anyone drafted is going to sign nit lot of picks and that may make next years class loaded especially if their no minor leagues this year.

Plan seems to be taking the highest exit velocity college bats available and then overslotting high upside high schoolers. If they all sign then I can't say i'll be upset. The Os are still doing things their own way but this time it seems to be data/model driven.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Plan seems to be taking the highest exit velocity college bats available and then overslotting high upside high schoolers. If they all sign then I can't say i'll be upset. The Os are still doing things their own way but this time it seems to be data/model driven.

Westburg is a Boras guy. So he will cost.

10 minutes ago, LTO's said:

And if we had a mid to late first round pick, that plan might be more palatable.   You don't get a #2 pick all that often, hate to not get full value out of it.   We consoled ourselves that suffering through at 108 loss season would at least get us a special player who could jumpstart the rebuild.   Well, I don't think it did now.   Best case we got a much better 4th round pick longterm than most, but we didn't come out of this draft with a top-5 player and that means the suffering of last season was for naught IMO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And if we had a mid to late first round pick, that plan might be more palatable.   You don't get a #2 pick all that often, hate to not get full value out of it.   We consoled ourselves that suffering through at 108 loss season would at least get us a special player who could jumpstart the rebuild.   Well, I don't think it did now.   Best case we got a much better 4th round pick longterm than most, but we didn't come out of this draft with a top-5 player and that means the suffering of last season was for naught IMO.

Don’t worry.  We’ll have more top 5 picks in the coming years.