NEW 60 GAME Proposal [Baseball is Back!]

weams

30 minutes ago, atomic said:

Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't care. I am not sure why you have a hostile attitude towards it. If people didn't care it wouldn't be on CBS.  

I don't think he is being hostile, I think he is being a baseball fan on a baseball site.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, murph said:

I don't think he is being hostile, I think he is being a baseball fan on a baseball site.

Definitely being hostile.  If I mentioned that the NBA was starting up next week I am sure the dude wouldn't have any issue with it.  

58 minutes ago, atomic said:

Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't care. I am not sure why you have a hostile attitude towards it. If people didn't care it wouldn't be on CBS.  

You are totally right.  The 150,000 people that tuned in make it worth watching.  C'mon, Formula 1 racing and the Big 3 basketball leagues got better viewership.

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

Definitely being hostile.  If I mentioned that the NBA was starting up next week I am sure the dude wouldn't have any issue with it.  

Continuously down voting my responses is childish.  You are on here spouting about how great the NWSL is.  How you wouldn't mind if the Orioles were replaced by a NWSL team at Camden Yard.  Yet, you think I am being the irrational one about a sports league that I would say less than 2% of people on this site could name one team, let alone a city where one resides.  Give me a break. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This stuff may render the whole idea of playing a shortened season moot.   The Tampa Bay Lightning also had to close their facility today.    

Florida seems the epicenter right now.  

On 6/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I think this is how most people feel. Baseball is an entertainment product, when it comes down to it. There's a suspension of disbelief involved with being a fan - just like being entertained by watching a movie. We obviously know that Jurassic Park isn't a real thing, but that doesn't stop us from being thrilled, scared, and emotionally moved when the T Rex breaks out of its cage and tries to eat the kids in the car. With being a baseball fan, there's a similar suspension of disbelief - we buy expensive hats and jerseys to feel part of the team's success even though we contribute absolutely nothing in the field of play, we can vilify other teams like the Yankees and Red Sox even though they are made up of innocent twenty-something kids, we can forget that we're paying large portions of our modest paycheck to watch millionaires throw a ball around.

That suspension of disbelief is a pretty fragile thing and is rather fleeting. Our ability to enjoy a movie can quickly die if an actor is exposed as being a not-so-great person. No one is listening to R Kelly anymore. People boycott restaurants or stores if it is discovered that they are donating to a backward political cause. Our ability to be a diehard fan can be affected in a similar way.

THANKS A LOT!!!!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Both Spring Training states are having bad trends currently.

New York numbers seem to be trending back up as well. Probably from snowbirds deciding Florida wasn’t so safe after all.  Highest death count in the country today.

If you look at what is the area trending it is not the beach area.  It is like something else that happened in the last two or three weeks is causing it to be large cities seeing the huge increases.  I just can’t put my finger on it though.  I am sure the media will be right on it though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

If you look at what is the area trending it is not the beach area.  It is like something else that happened in the last two or three weeks is causing it to be large cities seeing the huge increases.  I just can’t put my finger on it though.  I am sure the media will be right on it though.

I'd say the vast majority of it down here was ending the lockdown and opening things back up.  Before then most folks that went out at least had on masks.  Now a majority of folks down here are acting like nothing is going on.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1