Phils vs. Cards on espn. NFL guy announcing?

Moose Milligan

The guy that has the cool voice that does the voiceovers for NFL Films is on espn right now talking with Morgan and Miller?

It's pretty cool hearing this guy talk baseball and carry on a conversation.

My bad, it was Harry Calas, apparently the radio voice of the Philberts.

Sounded JUST like the NFL guy though. Creepy.

Not to waste board space, who's your favorite non Oriole broadcaster? Radio or tv.

The guy that has the cool voice that does the voiceovers for NFL Films is on espn right now talking with Morgan and Miller?

Not to waste board space, who's your favorite non Oriole broadcaster? Radio or tv.

Dude, the NFL Films guy IS Harry Kalas :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Kalas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Films#Style

He's in the Hall Of Fame, and has been the voice of the Phillies for 35 years. He's a legend!!

Edit: This came off as really rude, and that wasn't my intent. I apologize. Just surprised you had never heard of him as a Baseball announcer.

He's in the Hall Of Fame, and has been the voice of the Phillies for 35 years. He's a legend!!

Edit: This came off as really rude, and that wasn't my intent. I apologize. Just surprised you had never heard of him as a Baseball announcer.

Hahaha, it didn't come off rude at all.

I've heard the name, but never knew he was the NFL Films guy. Didn't put two and two together :doh:

Outside of listening to our broadcasts, I don't really know many radio announcers for other teams. Chuck Thompson, Jon Miller, Angel, Manfra...those are the only guys that I'd really recognize. I'd probably recognize Vin Scully, too, but thats all off the top of my head.

Hahaha, it didn't come off rude at all.

I've heard the name, but never knew he was the NFL Films guy. Didn't put two and two together :doh:

Outside of listening to our broadcasts, I don't really know many radio announcers for other teams. Chuck Thompson, Jon Miller, Angel, Manfra...those are the only guys that I'd really recognize. I'd probably recognize Vin Scully, too, but thats all off the top of my head.

Cool, I appreciate it. Maybe pompous, if not rude.

I try to listen to some of the "legends" on XM broadcasts when I get the chance, Kalas and Vin Scully are my personal favorites outside of Joe Angel and Jon Miller. I also like Sterling in New York a lot, he's really good despite the Yankees Win call.

Guest BaltiJo

I thought you were talking about Steve Sabol when I first read this. Now I know who you mean.

Interestingly enough, NFL Films put together a baseball documentary in the late 70s about a pitcher's travels through the minor leagues and into the bigs. In typical NFL Films fashion, it is classy and well presented. It's even narrated by John Facenda, who predates today's spokesperson.

I can't think of the name of that film, but I caught it on ESPN Classic a few years ago.

Archived