Opening up in Fenway

bpilktree

4 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

How many innings (or pitches) will a starting pitcher be allowed to throw 3, 50? Or will they say short season, only 12 starts, less than 80 innings total, go as long as they can?

I'm sure they're stretching out to the point that first start might be 5 or 75 pitches, then 6 or 90, then opened up.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

The team that finishes with the worst record will not only get the top draft pick but also the record for least wins in a MLB season that will likely never be broken

Good to have a goal.

I am not sure how the 2021 Draft will be. I don't think it's a guarantee that the worse record gets the number 1 pick because of the way the "Leagues" are set up and the lack of common opponents. Maybe the worse record in each "League" will be in a lottery.

1 hour ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I am not sure how the 2021 Draft will be. I don't think it's a guarantee that the worse record gets the number 1 pick because of the way the "Leagues" are set up and the lack of common opponents. Maybe the worse record in each "League" will be in a lottery.

Base it on the combined win/loss records of 2019 and 2020. That would mitigate any wild fluctuations this year alone might have.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking over the schedule today, I didn't realize the Orioles are playing all their evening home games at 7:35 rather than 7:05. Looks like the Red Sox made the same decision to move their home games later in the evening since they don't have to worry about fans coming to and from the park.

I think 7:05 games are better so kids can watch more on tv, but I am fairly agnostic on the issue for this season, since there are no fans in the stands.

I much prefer 7:05 games in person and would favor 6:30 games like the Rays and Blue Jays have, especially since the Orioles don't draw many fans from the DC area anymore which was often the excuse for starting later on weekdays. The Nats are starting most of their home games at 6:05.