Severino = terrible D

calebelias

Some of the worst catching I've seen in a long time. Ben McDonald called it as he saw it. Just a bad night?  No ! Severino has trouble blocking pitches and has too many passed balls. I like Holoday defensively and he did a good job with Cobb against the Nationals. Bring him up and maybe we can get some offense out of him. Cisco is still in the picture.

36 minutes ago, calebelias said:

I’ve been a Sisco fan and would gladly see him now.

I'm not convinced Sisco will ever be a full time catcher, but it's time to find out. Assuming Adley pans out it's still worth it to see if Sisco can be counted as the backup catcher. I don't want to ride Adley into the ground like Buck did with Wieters. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not convinced Sisco will ever be a full time catcher, but it's time to find out. Assuming Adley pans out it's still worth it to see if Sisco can be counted as the backup catcher. I don't want to ride Adley into the ground like Buck did with Wieters. 

Sisco needs ABs to prove he can hit at the MLB level.  His his OBP numbers were interesting last year.  I think he has potential to be an .800 OPS.  If he can prove that this season while catching, we should look to expand his versatility next season.  Could he be a poor man's Zobrist?  Could he handle 3B, 2B, 1B, LF, and C?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sisco isn’t a catcher. He may be able to hit; his eye is improving and K and BB rates are each going in the right direction, but He’s not a catcher.

2 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Only thing worse has been this umpire.

Rather see Sisco. 

o

I'd rather see Sisco, too ........ if he were umpiring, the Orioles would have had a much better chance to win the game.

o

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Sisco didn't get any better on defense tonight.

"Rio Ruiz struck out three times tonight. All the time posters have spent whining about Chris Davis and here we are!"

Did I say he did?

Did I say anything positive about Sisco's defense in this thread?  

I don't get the point of your post.