Hays/Stewart/Mullins/Sisco

glenn__davis

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Would it be too much to ask to have someone come up from the minors and do great?

I mean Kyle Lewis is the Mariner's 10th rated prospect, nothing special, and look at what he has done out of the gate.

Why can't that happen to us?

They haven't called anyone up from the minors, not anyone new at any rate.

These are all guys that have struggled with this level before.

22 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Severino's defense is making Sisco look better.

Obviously, the performances have been disappointing so far, but the only one in the group who has looked far worse than I expected is Stewart. The others have looked, at times, like they have potential to be major leaguers (Mullins and Sisco as backups).

DJ has had a rough start with 6 strikeouts in 11 at-bats, but the 3 walks and the 2 successful sac bunts (although I disagree with sac bunts in general, he executed them) have been encouraging.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

DJ has had a rough start with 6 strikeouts in 11 at-bats, but the 3 walks and the 2 successful sac bunts (although I disagree with sac bunts in general, he executed them) have been encouraging.

Yep, I still like his approach, but he’s not really having good ABs. Pitch selection could be improved.