Could Elias Keep Mountcastle Down All Year?

brvn52

I wanted to see Stewart get a lot of ABs this year and I'm not changing that stance over 12 ABs to start the season.  To me, he looks like he is having good at bats.  Let's get him as much time as we can this year and try and figure out what we have. 

On 8/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, Can_of_corn said:

(Mountcastle)'ll be a 30 year old right handed bat first guy.

So very few of them are valuable that it isn't worth playing games for.

Call the kid up, let him get a decent paycheck and health insurance.  Maybe get a chance at a decent FA deal down the road.

And if he is worth paying Arb4 prices a year early, then so be it.

3 hours ago, Big Mac said:

I wanted to see Stewart get a lot of ABs this year and I'm not changing that stance over 12 ABs to start the season.  To me, he looks like he is having good at bats.  Let's get him as much time as we can this year and try and figure out what we have. 

I respectfully disagree. I think he is having horrible at bats. Missing a TON of center cut fastballs and not seeing many pitches. Opposite of Hays who was having tremendous at bats with no hits early. Last few he’s lost confidence.... but Stewart just looks lost. And this is from a huge Stewart fan.

• 3 weeks later...