Stewart optioned

Legend_Of_Joey

36 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's far from done getting paid by baseball, unless he chooses to quit.  He's just shy of being a productive major leaguer so he could probably go to Japan and OPS .850 for years at a couple $millon per.

"just shy"  I guess I'm just shy from making the PGA tour

If Stewart hadn't mistakenly drafted in the first round he would never have made it out of A ball. He was promoted several levels even when he had no success. Last year in 260 AAA AB's he had his first above average stats but still struck out nearly 25% of his AB's. Add in that he is slow, with a weak arm and he brings almost nothing to the table.

I hope the Orioles soon stop paying him.

I don't think DJ Stewart is good, but I'd rather give him at bats than Velazquez and Smith Jr.

Smith doesn't hit, field, or run well. Velazquez is fast, but can't hit at all and throws the ball from short like Uncle Rico. Or like he thinks he's Robinson Cano and can dog it in the field because he's so good.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's far from done getting paid by baseball, unless he chooses to quit.  He's just shy of being a productive major leaguer so he could probably go to Japan and OPS .850 for years at a couple $millon per.

Yeah quite possibly. But unless things change soon and a lot, it won’t be here.