I'm Ready for Mountcastle and Diaz: Mountcastle Up, Diaz Still Waiting

ChuckS

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm worried his inexperience in left field might get someone killed.

Also, the crushing load of expectations have obliterated many a career.  Without 1500 or 2000 at bats in AAA they're basically throwing him to the wolves.  I know this season isn't about winning, but won't someone think of 2027?  

• Haha 2

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

Also, the crushing load of expectations have obliterated many a career.  Without 1500 or 2000 at bats in AAA they're basically throwing him to the wolves.  I know this season isn't about winning, but won't someone think of 2027?  

Think of labor situation, the O's have a chance to keep free agent contracts low by withholding free agency from Mountcastle until his age 31 season.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Think of labor situation, the O's have a chance to keep free agent contracts low by withholding free agency from Mountcastle until his age 31 season.

Glad he’s finally up. If he ends up a perennial all star having an extra year of control will make this look good.

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

FINALLY! So who gets the ax to make room? I have some suggestions…

If they think Hays is healthy and will be ready to come off IL when eligible that plays a role. Mullins will probably stay now even when Hays is back. 

Urias, Smith,  Holaday in order of what I would do. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Oh boy.  Shouldn't we talk about this a little?  Is he ready?  Wouldn't want to derail his career by exposing him to top-tier pitching without proper seasoning.  

We need a thread discussing the pros and cons.

Top tier pitching?  Where?  We are playing the Red Sox and Eovaldi went yesterday.