Hays to IL with rib fracture, Mullins up, Lopez activated

MurphDogg

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't know how anyone blames Hays for this injury.  I saw him get hit with that ball in the ribs and there was no way to avoid that one.

What?  Do we think that Hays has been playing with a broken rib all week?

Isn't it a bit more likely to be more recent?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can always just put Dwight Smith Jr out there in center.

I've kind of come to terms with the idea that the age of rationality has passed and the Orioles are being directed by forces we can't hope to understand.  If Smith plays center tonight it's probably because of dreams Hyde is having, and I expect a lopsided victory and the moon to turn blood red in the sky.

Sounds like they don’t know.   I’ll tell you one thing, it didn’t hamper his running on that inside the park homer, or when he scored from 1B on a double yesterday.    My guess is it’s a pretty minor fracture.    Hope so, anyway.   

• Like 1

I just now read about this. I don't know what you guys are speculating about but it has to be when he got DRILLED by 96 in the ribs in Philly. I thought at the time it had to break a rib. Pretty much just as hard and solid as you can hit a batter.

And not blaming Philly or anything, just a pitch that got away.

I could see him playing for a week or so with it (and it's GOOD news that he did play with it.) They didn't see it on the 1st x-rays or MRI so it seems like it's minor (as far as BROKEN BONES go!) Maybe he aggravated it crashing into the wall or on that diving catch, who knows?

Anyways, the main point is that the med staff and Hyde think he could just be the 10 days and back in action. Fingers crossed! Even if his hitting is a little weak right now I LOVE his glove and presence in CF. Hurry back Austin!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

I just now read about this. I don't know what you guys are speculating about but it has to be when he got DRILLED by 96 in the ribs in Philly. I thought at the time it had to break a rib. Pretty much just as hard and solid as you can hit a batter.

And not blaming Philly or anything, just a pitch that got away.

I could see him playing for a week or so with it (and it's GOOD news that he did play with it.) They didn't see it on the 1st x-rays or MRI so it seems like it's minor (as far as BROKEN BONES go!) Maybe he aggravated it crashing into the wall or on that diving catch, who knows?

Anyways, the main point is that the med staff and Hyde think he could just be the 10 days and back in action. Fingers crossed! Even if his hitting is a little weak right now I LOVE his glove and presence in CF. Hurry back Austin!

Totally agree, I had the same thought when I saw him get hit last weekend. The  sound it made was painful to hear. 

A shame because he has such great energy out there. Get well soon A Hayes!