Trying to Avoid the Sweep (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/19)

OFFNY

o

Trying to avoid the sweep ........ 

TORONTO/BUFFALO BLUE JAYS

Lourdes Yunielki Gurriel Castillo, Jr. - DH

Teoscar Jose "T.J." Hernandez - RF

Travis Shaw - 3B

Randal Grichuk - CF

Vladimir Guerrero Ramos, Jr. - 1B

Brandon Drury - 2B

Santiago Espinal - SS

Anthony Joseph "A.J." Alford - LF

Reese Jackson "R.J." McGuire - C 

Tanner B. Roark - RHP )) (1-1, 6.00ERA)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - DH

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

John Dwight "J.D." Smith, Jr. - LF

Patrick Valaika - SS

Chris Davis - 1B

Boyce Cedric Mullins II - CF

Tomaso Anthony Milone - LHP )) (1-2, 4.00 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

Pathetic.

Absolutely. Pathetic.

If we're getting into a situation now where Santander is the only guy on the team who can produce, we're in for a long losing streak. That was a team failure there, as well as an indictment of the failure to hit situationally for the 3 guys who came up there after we got runners on second and third with no outs. Extremely, extremely frustrating!

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Pathetic.

Absolutely. Pathetic.

If we're getting into a situation now where Santander is the only guy on the team who can produce, we're in for a long losing streak. That was a team failure there, as well as an indictment of the failure to hit situationally for the 3 guys who came up there after we got runners on second and third with no outs. Extremely, extremely frustrating!

It’s almost like this was never expected to be a playoff team and they’re regressing to the mean...

• Haha 1

Nice start to game. 

I don’t get why 2nd and 3rd no outs contact play would be on. Not saying it wasn’t. Either way Sisco needs to stay in rundown and let other runners move up. 

Really poor at bat by Rio. Gets ahead 3-0 and winds up striking out on a 3-2 center cut 91 mph fastball. 

9 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Pathetic.

Absolutely. Pathetic.

Don’t you think this is a bit of an over reaction? Severino, Ruiz and Sisco have all been hitting pretty well over the last week especially.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Sticking with realistic expectations. 1. Beavers and Luis Sanchez for Tanner Scott Sanchez is 21 and can touch 100 but has more walks than innings at Aberdeen. 2. Bradfield for Carlos Estevez Is Mike Trout still in CF 2-3 years from now?   3. Norby and Baumeister for Fedde @Chicago White Sox  said he was good with either Beavers or Norby plus someone like Baumeister.   If I’m the WS I’d take Norby but whatever. Obviously, these can be adjusted but hopefully you get the general point.  Sure up the rotation and a big upgrade to the bullpen.  No top 4 prospects used.  Povich, McDermott, Johnson all kept.   Fedde under control for 2025. You have a playoff bullpen.  You have a rotation that can get you through the second half and make a push for the division title. You don’t have an ace type pitcher for game #3 in the playoffs.   We have no idea if the ace type pitchers we’ve talked about (Skubal and Crochet) will be healthy or effective (both will be in innings territory they’ve never been in before) in October.   The above deals give the team a solid chance without much risk.  
    • I’ll take the growing pains/mistakes/errors all day to get Mayo in the lineup. We just gotta find a taker for Urias.  Mayo has well earned the promotion. 
    • Ok, I did it. I moved Mayo to #1 because I believe in the bat so much. Holliday has been hitting well of late so I almost didn't do it, but I just think I'd trade Holliday before Mayo even though I would not trade either. Basallo still could be better then them both. Really the team has three #1 prospects. 1A, 1B, 1C. The only issues is the huge dropoff after the top three. No one wants to claim that #4 spot so I left Povich there. Povich should graduate here shortly anyways so hopefully someone will take that step forward and claim that #4 spot that Kjerstad graduate from. 
    • You can find a list of Orioles/Browns by numbers here: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/uniform-numbers.shtml
    • LOL that’s embarrassing on my part. Thanks. 
    • Btw, this doesn’t give him a lot of time to build his value back up for the offseason. So, it’s still unlikely they get back anything close to what they would have in this past offseason. So, going off of the idea they won’t trade him for less, do they really want to hold onto him for another calendar year in hopes the value increases?  
    • I'm referring to Urias, who I posted about in my original post.  
  • Popular Contributors