Trying to Avoid the Sweep (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/19)

OFFNY

So just getting back from work, and see this summary blurb on the Orioles MLB site: Starter Tommy Milone struck out seven Blue Jays, but a pair of homers by Randal Grichuk proved costly.
I know you all were probably talking about it in the game thread, but WHY WERE WE PITCHING TO HIM AGAIN?  

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

They might.......

The media is the most useless group of pseudo-journalists in sports. They never ask difficult questions and they never ask follow-up questions when the interviewee side steps, which is most of the time.

”why are you playing Davis over any prospects, even though he is completely non-productive.?”

”Because blah blah blah...”

(and make note of the fact that regardless of what the answer is the following is an appropriate response.)

“With all respect, that’s not true. For three years, Davis has Been, by any measure, the worst player in baseball. Why are you still playing him?”

The preceding is an exchange you will never ever hear from the clowns who cover the Orioles.

And that is why I rarely bother following the Baltimore sports guys. They share surface information but they never share insight or depth.

Edited by Philip

3 hours ago, Upper Deck John said:

Ok, why didn’t our runners try to take home on that wild pitch/passed ball?

it bounced away and the catcher didn’t go after it.

I know a batted ball is dead when it hits the ump.   Is that true for a pitched ball as well?