Deadline 2020 Rumors and News Orioles related

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Another Rob pipe dream and I can think of some big ones from the past. If they trade Santander, Alberto, and similar guys it will be for a pile of younger players

Pipe dream?  Do you even know what that means?

I never said this can happen.  Personally, I think the Indians would laugh at the idea.

But Santander’s name was mentioned and I was just saying it would be nice to land a pitcher like Clevinger in a deal revolving around him.  

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pipe dream?  Do you even know what that means?

I never said this can happen.  Personally, I think the Indians would laugh at the idea.

But Santander’s name was mentioned and I was just saying it would be nice to land a pitcher like Clevinger in a deal revolving around him.  

The Indians would love to have Santander back, and I bet we’d love to trade him. I don’t think we’d get a pitcher like Clevinger, but I think we’d get something quite worthwhile, and I bet the Indians are calling Mike as we speak. The Twins are a fine team, and hey, look! It’s the White Sox!

And it’s not just for now. The Indians need to keep their recent run of excellence going, and the white Sox are a real threat. It’s easy to let aggressive teams overtake you while you’re not looking.

if Elias pegs Diaz for next season, or even later this season, is happy with MC in LF, and crossing fingers for Hays in center, trading Santander isn’t out of the question at all.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

The Indians would love to have Santander back, and I bet we’d love to trade him. I don’t think we’d get a pitcher like Clevinger, but I think we’d get something quite worthwhile, and I bet the Indians are calling Mike as we speak. The Twins are a fine team, and hey, look! It’s the White Sox!

And it’s not just for now. The Indians need to keep their recent run of excellence going, and the white Sox are a real threat. It’s easy to let aggressive teams overtake you while you’re not looking.

if Elias pegs Diaz for next season, or even later this season, is happy with MC in LF, and crossing fingers for Hays in center, trading Santander isn’t out of the question at all.

I doubt we get much back for Santander.  

Here’s a bit of info:

the Twins starting CF is batting .192 with a .532 slugging %.
they have a wonderful RF in Max Kepler, but I wonder if he’d move to CF to make room for Santander.

edit: Actually, I just looked up Kepler, and his stats are pretty awful right now too...

Edited by Philip

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well I can guarantee you are incorrect, because if we don’t get much we won’t trade him at all, and we will only trade him if we get much.

You are guaranteeing that I’m incorrect?  

How can you guarantee it?  How do you know much he will get in trade?

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

Here’s a bit of info:

the Twins starting CF is batting .192 with a .532 slugging %.
they have a wonderful RF in Max Kepler, but I wonder if he’d move to CF to make room for Santander.

edit: Actually, I just looked up Kepler, and his stats are pretty awful right now too...

May depend on the severity of Buxton's current injury. If he's healthy then Rosario/Buxton/Kepler is one of the best young outfields in the game.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You are guaranteeing that I’m incorrect?  

How can you guarantee it?  How do you know much he will get in trade?

Mike won’t trade Santander unless he gets a good return, ie “much.” If Mike doesn’t get “much” he won’t trade Santander.

In making the comment I expressing confidence that Mike won’t trade Santander without a meaningful return.

10 minutes ago, Philip said:

Mike won’t trade Santander unless he gets a good return, ie “much.” If Mike doesn’t get “much” he won’t trade Santander.

In making the comment I expressing confidence that Mike won’t trade Santander without a meaningful return.

Who said otherwise?