MLB Network: Belanger. The best Shortstop

weams

Just now, Grady said:

If the Blade had hit .275 he would be in the HOF. He was a better fielder then he was given credit for, and he won gold gloves( I think). 

Look up his batting average again Guidry and Gossage.

Eight gold gloves.   I’d say he got a lot of credit, and deservedly so.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/mlbrank100_top10shortstops/ranking-top-10-shortstops-ever

Here is an all time listing. I can see Wagner before Ripken and maybe Banks, but Arod, no way. A little bias, but if we are starting a team from scratch, give me Cal every day over Rodriguez 

If your issue is being caught using PEDs Tatis is basically a clean Arod.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Eight gold gloves.   I’d say he got a lot of credit, and deservedly so.   

I knew he had a few, but not 8. The O’s infield had more then a few gold gloves in the day. Blade was always in position, not flashy but ( my opinion) better then Ozzie Smith in the field.

And he owned Guidry

2 hours ago, Grady said:

I knew he had a few, but not 8. The O’s infield had more then a few gold gloves in the day. Blade was always in position, not flashy but ( my opinion) better then Ozzie Smith in the field.

And he owned Guidry

Belanger had EIGHT Gold Gloves. A few more than you are giving him credit for, obviously.

And if you don't think that his coverage on grounders deep in the hole at Short and uncoiling gymnastic across and over the body strikes to first base to consistently throw out runners was "not flashy," you live on a different planet from the rest of baseball fans who watched him.