Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

3 hours ago, Philip said:

If anybody cares, Tim Beckham just had his 12th error with Seattle. 12 errors and a quarter of the season works out to about 48 for the year… Is that a lot?

Asking for a friend.

That is terrible.  Looks like he's doing ok with the bat though, .785 OPS.  But the lack of defense certainly has to take away from any offensive value he's got.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

That is terrible.  Looks like he's doing ok with the bat though, .785 OPS.  But the lack of defense certainly has to take away from any offensive value he's got.

He's a 2nd Basemen. SS is just such a premium position. Look at the guy we're having to trot out there. 

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seattle is in 2nd and just 2 games back, so I guess they are dealing with it. :)

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

.880 OPS in Mar/Apr, .630 in May. Same ol' Tim.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not an ex-O, but just thought this was interesting: Harper has 56 Ks (more than Davis, albeit with more AB) and is hitting .216. Only 0.3 WAR so far.

Manny? 1.5 WAR. 

for 1/4 of the season.

Trout is in 2nd at 2.9

Bellinger is in 1st slot with 4.5, pretty high number for sure

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

for 1/4 of the season.

Trout is in 2nd at 2.9

Bellinger is in 1st slot with 4.5, pretty high number for sure

I can't help but feel like Manny is going to be the vastly better contract. Harper is going to frustrate Phillies fans so much, for so many years. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, interloper said:

I can't help but feel like Manny is going to be the vastly better contract. Harper is going to frustrate Phillies fans so much, for so many years. 

I agree and I think the Nats could afford Harper, but felt he wasn't worth it. Just my own gut opinion.

38 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not an ex-O, but just thought this was interesting: Harper has 56 Ks (more than Davis, albeit with more AB) and is hitting .216. Only 0.3 WAR so far.

Manny? 1.5 WAR. 

Not only more than Davis, leading the MLB. Love it, Harper is incredibly overrated watched him enough on MASN on nights Orioles don't play.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Manny is a steadier performer.  His defense provides a lot of value even when he’s not hitting.   He’s having a pretty pedestrian offensive season for him (119 OPS+) but is still on pace for 6 WAR thanks to his defense.   

As to Harper, he walks a ridiculous amount so you can’t look only at his BA.    He’s got a .370 OBP and is on pace for 28 homers and 100 RBI.     And, he’s capable of going on an insane tear at any time.   So, I wouldn’t worry too much about him just yet.   

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He's a 2nd Basemen. SS is just such a premium position. Look at the guy we're having to trot out there. 

If you mean Rickie Martin, his defense is good and I’d much rather have him at SS than Beckham.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

If you mean Rickie Martin, his defense is good and I’d much rather have him at SS than Beckham.

I know it’s more aesthetically pleasing to see a steadier defensive SS, but Beckham 0.7 rWAR, 0.6 fWAR, .823 OPS beats Martin -0.7 rWAR, -0.7 fWAR, .506 OPS.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know it’s more aesthetically pleasing to see a steadier defensive SS, but Beckham 0.7 rWAR, 0.6 fWAR, .823 OPS beats Martin -0.7 rWAR, -0.7 fWAR, .506 OPS.

@Philip?  Rickie Martin is a balladeer. 

Kind of like Mancini vs the more "aesthetically pleasing" Joey Rickard?  Mancini mashes and is a fly chaser (many times (sic) flailing)!  Joey patrols the grassy environs neatly but doesn't hit a lick.  ⚾ (emoticon for wet humor)

Edited by bobmc
fly chaser not catcher
  • Upvote 1