Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

46 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Anyone see what Corban Joseph is doing at AAA and now he's getting his cup of coffee in the bigs?  May have been a fun asset, even though old, to keep this squad together here for minimum salary.

He's 5-for-20 with a .638 OPS.  And, yes, he had a 1.000 OPS at Las Vegas, but doesn't everyone?  He's 4th on the team (min 50 PAs) in OPS, and the team has a .909.  Some guy named Seth Brown has 37 homers and 103 RBI in 107 games and the A's haven't even bothered to call him up.

The PCL has 23 players OPSing 1.000 or more in 125+ PAs this year.  Someone named Gavin Lux in the Dodgers' system is hitting .417 with a 1.262 OPS.

AAA is so crazy this year that both Caleb Joseph and Ryan Flaherty are OPSing about .850.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Have not talked about Manny for awhile.Having  a rough August  0 homers, 2 doubles and 4 RBI'S. 203 average and. 253 slugging. Having a decent year offensively. 

Is he worth 30 million, even now in his prime years

So glad the O's dodged that bullet

Here's some evidence @DrungoHazewood

https://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2019/8/20/20813830/2019-mlb-giants-improvements-alex-dickerson-mike-yastrzemski-austin-slater

First, nice dig at Chris Davis:

The Giants have made notable improvements in personnel since their horrific start. Those improvements haven’t moved the season-long needle yet, in large part because the team was so hilariously bad that it’s going to take a while to undo the damage. It’s like Chris Davis trying to salvage his slash line after starting the season 0-for-millions, or whatever it was.

Anyway:

Mike Yastrzemski

Outfield prior to Mike Yastrzemski’s arrival (50 games):

wRC+: 55 (15th)
fWAR: -1.2 (13th)

Outfield since Yastrzemski’s arrival (75 games):

wRC+: 114 (6th)
fWAR: 5.1 (4th)

• Like 2

Carl Yastrzemski, who turned 80 Thursday, only hit 11 in 1961 as a rookie for the Red Sox in 23-year career that saw him hit 452.

He told The Athletic he’s enjoying watching Mike make a name for himself.

“You know, the main thing is, he’s a great kid,” Carl Yastrzemski said “He’s worked hard. He always thought he was going to make it and I’m very, very happy for him.”

Mike Yastrzemski and the Giants visit Fenway on Sept. 17-19.

“To see him come play at Fenway . . . that’ll be something,” Carl Yastrzemski said in the same Athletic story. “And me . . . playing here for 23 years, and then see my grandson come in and play here. It’ll be emotional, yes. I know how hard he worked, and to see him there, and having them announce the name Yastrzemski, I feel great because of him, how much he wanted it.”

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019/08/mike-yastrzemski-homers-on-eve-of-grandfather-boston-red-sox-legend-carl-yastrzemskis-80th-birthday.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3