Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

LookinUp

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He was drafted in 2019 and the minors were shut down in 2020 due to COVID. He was rated 21 in their system ....Pinto is a lottery ticket that had 19 Ks in 12 innings in the DSL.

I wonder if Stallings makes our top 30.

Right he was #21 in one of the weaker systems and hasn't done anything as a professional.  I'm not saying he's the second coming of Jack Zoellner but I don't think decent necessarily applies either.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, murph said:

Wouldn’t you want locked expenses at a bare minimum.  The buyer only wants the assets, right?   Honestly above my pay grade but just seems like a possibility.  But yea, unlikely.  

If I'm paying a billion plus I'm not worried about a guy making 3M.  If anything I'd rather have a viable ML player at SS.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If I'm paying a billion plus I'm not worried about a guy making 3M.  If anything I'd rather have a viable ML player at SS.

Fair enough.  I’m not SG dreaming of a sale either but it was the coaches axing that actually got me thinking that way.   Because I still don’t understand that one (at those limited salaries (comparatively)). 

Just now, owknows said:

I'm OK with Sanchez at short

Valaika at 2B is an upgrade

Wish they'd find something for 3B

Pat Valaika is not an everyday player. Sanchez has had limited reps at SS. 

That said if they do play Sanchez at SS at this point I would rather play Bannon at 2nd. Heck I may even play Martin at SS at this point. It’s all about getting thru the season with as little cost as possible. 

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Guess I'll start a new thread.

Per Rosenthal, Iglesias has been traded to the Angels. No word on a return yet.

This doesn’t make sense! The timing is terrible, and now is the worst time of the year to make a trade, why in the world they do this now?

1 minute ago, murph said:

Fair enough.  I’m not SG dreaming of a sale either but it was the coaches axing that actually got me thinking that way.   Because I still don’t understand that one (at those limited salaries (comparatively)). 

It has to be a set budget for every department I assume. 

I’m not filthy rich and never owned a business but from a million miles away I don’t get it. We aren’t talking money that will change these owners wealth. 

3 minutes ago, murph said:

/shrug, don't ask me.

I'm the one that thinks they are cutting the amateur acquisition budget to save a few hundred thousand.

• Haha 1