• Ryan Adams
    • Zach Britton
    • Brandon Erbe
    • David Hernandez
    • LJ Hoes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hernandez is much too old to be this high... Bergesen would be a better prospect to be here than Hernandez I think, as he is younger with better numbers (exception: strike outs). If Bergesen isn't in the top 9, then DHern can't possibly be.

Between Erbe and Britton; both are the same age (20)... Erbe is a level higher already (Frederick).

Adams is 21 in Delmarva and posted a solid .308/.367/.462

Hoes is a quality prospect, best 18 year old we've got so far, but his ceiling is so blurry right now, you can't have him in the top 10.

I suspect it will be Erbe nudging out Britton slightly.

Hernandez is much too old to be this high... Bergesen would be a better prospect to be here than Hernandez I think, as he is younger with better numbers (exception: strike outs). If Bergesen isn't in the top 9, then DHern can't possibly be.

Between Erbe and Britton; both are the same age (20)... Erbe is a level higher already (Frederick).

Hoes is a quality prospect, best 18 year old we've got so far, but his ceiling is so blurry right now, you can't have him in the top 10.

Boy, 5 is month too old... If you're using that as a criteria, that ridiculous. Better numbers? Bergesen had more wins and less walks, while Hernandez was better in ERA, K's, and BAA. Bergesen is a fine pitcher, but I don't see him ahead of Hernandez. Once again, if Hernandez command gets better, who would you rather have?

This top 30 (or is it 50) list is going to be compelling for so many reasons. The top 4 players certainly get a lot of headlines. Others may have noticed that 4 of our top 7 are actually position players.

However, the naming, and subsequent development, of prospects 10-30 should really be fascinating. We're liable to have several future impact major leaguers included in that group.

Look at this list of Tony's choices for this pick alone. Only two of these guys could possibly make our top 10, but all of them could be very good. We could potentially have our closer of the future, a starter of the future, or two core infielders of the future among that list.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, because we'll know in time. However, I'm sure that many in MLB have taken notice to how this organization has turned.

I voted Britton in the last poll and I think I'll vote for him again. Erbe won't be in the top 10 based on the hints Tony has dropped.

This was my thinking as well, and I voted for Britton. I voted for him last time around but I immediately regretted it and knew I should have voted for Spoone.

Despite my vote, however, if Britton is higher than Erbe, it has to be because of scouting and maybe a bit of a gut feel (and really, there's nothing wrong with that), not stats. Britton and Erbe were born three days apart. Erbe pitched in Delmarva two years ago, and had a better year than Britton did this year.

If you're an O's fan, you certainly have to like how Britton profiles. A lefty with control who gets groundballs and is murder on LH hitters in particular. He had a fantastic year at Delmarva. But I don't know if he should ever rank ahead of Erbe until he puts up a better year than Erbe at the same level in a full season league. We'll see if he can best Erbe's Frederick line next year. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

This is all just my humble opinion, of course.

First of all I want to correct Slappy12, as of today Hernandez and Bergesen are both 23yrs old, David being 4mo and 12 days older, not too old by any standards. So that shouldn't come to play. I believe Hernandez is a much better prospect than Bergesen. In regards of Bergesen having better numbers, you should do better research. We all know what problem David has, which is his command and I've know David for a long time and command was never been an issue until he became a professional, not in high school and not in college, so I am convinced that Hernandez can overcome his command issues because of his work ethics and determination. So this comparison of Bergesen and Hernandez is pretty silly.

First of all I want to correct Slappy12, as of today Hernandez and Bergesen are both 23yrs old, David being 4mo and 12 days older, not too old by any standards. So that shouldn't come to play. I believe Hernandez is a much better prospect than Bergesen. In regards of Bergesen having better numbers, you should do better research. We all know what problem David has, which is his command and I've know David for a long time and command was never been an issue until he became a professional, not in high school and not in college, so I am convinced that Hernandez can overcome his command issues because of his work ethics and determination. So this comparison of Bergesen and Hernandez is pretty silly.
Shocking that his command got worse when he started facing better talent!

When he started facing guys who are more selective and have more of a clue as to what they are doing.

Hernandez has a higher ceiling than Bergesen but Bergesen is much more likely to reach his.

Bergesen is also a better "pitcher" right now.

I would have had Snyder at 5, Reimold at 6 and Erbe at 7, so I have to go Erbe here too. I understand that Spoone has "electric" stuff, but a labrum tear is not something people have ever really come back from and been the same. He will most likely lose a few MPH on his fast ball turning his power curve into a curve. I can't wait til tomorrow, I'd love to hear the analysis on Erbe, granted that it's him.

I'm pretty sure I read on the OH that Erbe's velocity came down from 94-95 to 90-91. If that's true than I have to go with Britton. If not, I go with Erbe. Did anyone else previously read that report? I can't seem to find it.

Archived