Orioles Promotions Schedule

eddie83

On 12/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

Two bobble heads.....lol. The Nats have 7-8 at least. Most teams have four or more. They had a good run for giveaways in 2014-16 but it’s been downhill 

Most casual fans would struggle to name 7 or 8 players on the O's.  What about the Mullins "Bunting Bobblehead"

11 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Most casual fans would struggle to name 7 or 8 players on the O's.  What about the Mullins "Bunting Bobblehead"

The idea that I gave them in my STH survey was do one for the five players whose numbers are retired, and have an augmented reality program set up at the monument park.  That would cover five.  Or do bobbleheads for the players that they decide to celebrate for an anniversary team.  In 2019, they celebrated the "why not" team.  Instead of giving them one day, celebrate the whole season.  Do bobbleheads for Cal (ASG), Frank Robinson (Mgr of the year), Gregg Olson (ROY) and then pick a couple others (I would've picked Mickey Tettleton and Elrod Hendricks personally.). We have such a rich history that we don't need to rely on current player bobbleheads.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I forgot about some of those from last year- maybe because pictures were not posted.  I am fine with five, but having two is a bit of a joke.  I'm not asking for 11-12 like the Dodgers have, but 5-6 is an acceptable amount.  

In any case, anything they do is better than the absurd amount of t-shirts they did for a time.  I think over half of them at one point were t-shirts.  

The recent heathered orange t-shirts have been pretty comfortable though. I hope that they keep that same t-shirt manufacturer, way better than the old ones.

I am giving them a pass on the promotions this year, too much uncertainty. Hopefully in 2022 we will have a legit spread of 5+ bobbleheads again. Maybe add Adley and Mountcastle to the 3 that were announced for 2020 but weren't on the 2021 schedule.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:52 PM, fansince1988 said:

I used to really look forward to the bobblehead games, but I stopped getting excited about the promo schedule when the cost of the promotional item was added to the ticket price. 

I was really excited to attend Every Fan Gets $20 Night until I saw the ticket prices. Which are all priced $25 more than normal, but hey... $20 is $20. 

I guess my “plan B” will have to be Some Warehouse In Florida Found Ten Pallets Of Fanny Packs night instead. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jamalshw said:

I'm really surprised they are announcing anything. The purposes of promotions are to get fans in the stands. If fans aren't allowed in the stands or if the capacity is capped at like 25%, I'm not sure what good such an event will have.

They usually wait until February to announce the giveaways, even in a normal year, so I am surprised as well

On 12/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, MCO'sFan said:

I like the summer music series and T-shirt days. I agree that they should do sime retro bobbleheads

See, I view the summer music series as more of an event than a giveaway or promotion.  It doesn't move the needle for me at all, but I can see where it appeals to people.  

I just hate that they got rid of the social media days.  Those were pretty fun. 

5 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

See, I view the summer music series as more of an event than a giveaway or promotion.  It doesn't move the needle for me at all, but I can see where it appeals to people.  

I just hate that they got rid of the social media days.  Those were pretty fun. 

I agree with you. It's just listed on the promotion schedule. I would go to a game just because of a promo anyway. But  may choose that date over another because of it.