Cobb to Angels

Yardball85

14 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Where are you getting that number? I believe the minimum salary 570k. Even if they fielded an entire team sans Davis of minimum players, the salary would be north of 14m. And we know that’s not true because we have arbitration players. 

Severino/Mancini/Sanchez/Galvis are just north of $9M. Santander will make either $2.1 or 2.475. Valaika and Armstrong will be at $1.7M combined. 

Let’s round up and say $14.5M. That’s 7 players. Davis makes 8. 

So how much will active 18 man roster make?

Looks like Davis will be slightly behind team total by a couple of million. 

Once again this is if you don’t count the deferred money for next year on Davis which is $6M difference. 

6 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

The $50 million Colorado is sending St Louis for Arenado has to be the highest, or damn near close to it

It would suck to be a Rockies fan. They made the playoffs in 2017 but lost the wild card game. They made it in 2018 but got swept in the division series. Now they're tearing it all down.

At least the O's made it to the ALCS in our recent run of relevance.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Severino/Mancini/Sanchez/Galvis are just north of $9M. Santander will make either $2.1 or 2.475. Valaika and Armstrong will be at $1.7M combined. 

Let’s round up and say $14.5M. That’s 7 players. Davis makes 8. 

So how much will active 18 man roster make?

Looks like Davis will be slightly behind team total by a couple of million. 

Once again this is if you don’t count the deferred money for next year on Davis which is $6M difference. 

Right. Which is why I was curious where Camden got his number of 12m.

35 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That’s a ton of money to eat to save $5M.  Will be interesting. 

Your deal sounds about right.  

Even if it is just the Rule 5 guys or Jorge Lopez, there are arms to audition so even if we send 80%, we avoid the opportunity cost expense of Cobb taking reps from pitchers who hopefully can get a good chunk of their rookie shellings out of the way this year.

I've been banging the drum for Baumann, but Lowther had a full AA year in 2019 and was good there too.   Kremer, Baumann and Lowther all on their Age-25 seasons.

The fun part of today is the chance 20% more of April Orioles starts could be fresh.   

Just so long as it isn't Jordan Westburg and Alex Cobb for a PTBNL, then I'll grab a pitch fork with everybody.

• Upvote 1

So Cobbs contract listed as 14, 14, 14, 15, adjusted as 7.5, 9.5, 4.5 (COVID prorated) and 10.25.

Deferments 6.5 (2022), 4.5 (2023), 4.5 (2024) and 4.75 (2025).

Are the first 3 values already in an account that the O's have already "paid"?  Meaning the Angels and O's are only negotiating the 10.25 mill salary and 4.75 mill deferred payment?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/baltimore-orioles/alex-cobb-8473/

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:

All of the Angels best prospects are far down in their system.  Except Jahmai Jones, 2B who made his debut last year.  They have a crowded roster and may find him expendable.  

If we’re paying down Cobb’s contract and willing to do a one for one deal, I could see it working out.