Who is Perry Minasian?

wildcard

13 minutes ago, sevastras said:

My point was you were being obtuse, but you like to split hairs on technicalities.  Im guessing the point @wildcardwas making is the relationship with the current front office has benefitted this team in the form of trades. 

Obtuse.  Sort of like the Warden in Shawshank Redemption

• Upvote 1

In my Strat-o-matic baseball league, we once had two owners who often made trades with each other.

One was very shrewd and the other wasn't.   The shrewd one got the best of all the deals, much to his benefit.   For some reason, the not-so-shrewd one liked and trusted the other guy so he made deals with him (that turned out bad) and was suspicious when the rest of us came with an offer.

So I guess the question is, which one is Elias and which one is Minasian?

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

In my Strat-o-matic baseball league, we once had two owners who often made trades with each other.

One was very shrewd and the other wasn't.   The shrewd one got the best of all the deals, much to his benefit.   For some reason, the not-so-shrewd one liked and trusted the other guy so he made deals with him (that turned out bad) and was suspicious when the rest of us came with an offer.

So I guess the question is, which one is Elias and which one is Minasian?

There doesn't have to be winner and a loser.  They can both get what they want out for the trades.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They certainly could have a good relationship but at the end of the day, the Os are offering up players who LA deemed to help them.  I’m not sure you need to read any more into that that and I certainly don’t think we need to be dramatic about it.

That's interesting.  I can't think of anyone on the OH more dramatic than you.  That is not a put down.   Just a style of writing.

I didn't consider my post drama.   It was a quiz question about something I did not know before I looked it up.   No different from "Who hit the most homers for the O's in 1966?"  Except everyone knows that answer.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That's interesting.  I can't think of anyone on the OH more dramatic than you.  That is not a put down.   Just a style of writing.

I didn't consider my post drama.   It was a quiz question about something I did not know before I looked it up.   No different from "Who hit the most homers for the O's in 1966?"  Except everyone knows that answer.

Pedro Cerrano? ?

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Before I Googled him I had never heard of him before.   But he has been quite important to the O's over the last few months.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I Googled his position.  

Apparently other posters didn't know him either without doing a search.   You are the only one that broke the rules.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Per usual, you are being over the top...you are being dramatic.

You started off trying to be cryptic and then whined because CoC didn't "follow your rules" and then you go on about how important he has been to the Os.  Its a bit much.

Why not just start the thread off with, what do you think the connection between Elias and Minasian is and how is It benefitting the team...something along those lines.

Instead you attack it like its some book report.    And I wasn't trying to put you down.  Just saying it was dramatic.  Are you that sensitive that using the word dramatic to describe your posts in this thread is going to hurt your feelings?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Per usual, you are being over the top...you are being dramatic.

You starting off trying to be cryptic and then whined because CoC didn't "follow your rules" and then you go on about how important he has been to the Os.  Its a bit much.

Why not just start the thread off with, what do you think the connection between Elias and Minasian is and how is It benefitting the team...something along those lines.

Instead you attack it like its some book report.    And I wasn't trying to put you down.  Just saying it was dramatic.  Are you that sensitive that using the word dramatic to describe your posts in this thread is going to hurt your feelings?  

When he finally got around to making that post it was good.

• Upvote 1