Felix Hernandez signs with O’s

weams

I thought we were focusing on the future competitive team.  Guess they think he will sell a few tickets, but I say live or die with the FUTURE players who figure to have a chance at making the team when it is heading to competitiveness.    Since I root for all who wear an Orioles uniform, I will root for him.  

1 minute ago, Oriole1940 said:

I thought we were focusing on the future competitive team.  Guess they think he will sell a few tickets, but I say live or die with the FUTURE players who figure to have a chance at making the team when it is heading to competitiveness.    Since I root for all who wear an Orioles uniform, I will root for him.  

I think he's more of a flip at the deadline while giving the kids a bit more time to percolate deal.

I think he's as cooked as this guy's bacon.

3 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

I personally think that their line of thinking is "he has a pulse" and "he might be able to eat innings while we tank."  The fact that he was a former all-star/Cy Young winner just means that his upside is such that he's decent trade bait if he actually turns out to be good.

You still need someone that can get you 27 outs without getting hurt even when you're trying to tank.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Man, if you were born in 1940 you have every right to be pissed.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Elias doesn't rush the arms. If he thinks the young kids aren't ready, he will send them to the minors and he needs innings eaters at the MLB level

• Upvote 3