Update: Matt Harvey added to 40-man roster

MurphDogg

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The only ongoing mystery is when they'll axe him.

Probably not until the O's find out if there will be a lockout in 2022.  It was maddening last year when Davis was on the IL and they only gave him a short rehab stint.  Obviously it only takes Davis a few games to be able to hit .150.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, Philip said:

No worries, I appreciate your gesture.. My mom passed last week, and we are cleaning out her house, and everything we find makes us sad, because she was a hoarder and saved EVERYTHING, no matter how worthless. So sad...

Sorry to hear about your Mom!

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:48 AM, Jammer7 said:

After Hyde’s recent comments about Zimm, I think he starts in the pen. Hyde compared him to Means. Looks like the last spot is between Lopez and LeBlanc, unless Felix makes a miraculous recovery. I believe Zimm will make a good amount of starts, just not in the initial rotation. 

What did he say that suggested Zimmermann was going to the pen? He's had the best stuff of any starter all spring.

I think we all knew Harvey was making the team after his last few outings and seeing where the velocity is at. If he can maintain the stuff we've seen flashes of, he can at least be a solid "Alex Cobb" type guy and hopefully be able to have some value come trading deadline time.

Hopefully we get 15-18 solid starts out of him, flip him for a prospect in July, and he is replaced in the rotation by one of Baumann, Lowther, Wells, or Zimmermann (if he is not already in the MLB rotation).

The less Wade LeBlanc in my life, the better.