Update: Matt Harvey added to 40-man roster

MurphDogg

o

67% of the outs that Harvey recorded (8 out of 12) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

Harvey faced 15 batters, and allow 3 base-runners ...... a Solo Home Run, a Walk, and a Hit Batsman.

12 OUTS: )  6 Groundouts, 2 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

MATTHEW EDWARHARVEY )))))))) (vs. YANKEES, 3/20) )))))))) (Spring Training)

IP:lll4

H:lllll.1 ) l(1 Home Run)

R:llll 1

BB:ll1 ) *

SO:l.2

Pitches: l) 000 )(00)Strikes, )00)Balls) ) [UNAVAILABLE]

2021 ERA: l) 5.40 )  10.00 IP  (6 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.100  )  10.00 IP  (11 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .250  )(10 for 40)   

* ) Harvey also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING  

[UNAVAILABLE]

o

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I thought he was a lock too, but since the television coverage of spring training has been sparse I wasn’t sure.

Here’s hoping Harvey is good enough to return back a minor leaguer in a trade this summer. 

That would be a bonus. Just being decent helps out a lot. He sounds real happy right now. 

• Thanks 1

I believe he is a lock to be in the rotation at this point. When you strike out DJ Lemahieu looking, you have good stuff. Hyde said he didn’t have a good breaking ball tonight, but the change up was excellent and got some swing and miss and otherwise ugly swings. If he can sharpen the breaking ball, he becomes a legit 4 pitch mix. 

In his interview, he spoke about the necessity of actually pitching since he cannot just overpower batters these days. He was 92-95 today. I wonder how much he used the 2 seam vs. the 4 seam.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That would be a bonus. Just being decent helps out a lot. He sounds real happy right now. 

True ,the Orioles will likely struggle to find enough started to cover a 162 game schedule, but if Harvey can be decent then that will be a huge help. 

And after reading @Jammer7's response, I'm starting to think Harvey could be worth watching pitch this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

So: Means, Kremer, Harvey, Zimm, Akin?

After Hyde’s recent comments about Zimm, I think he starts in the pen. Hyde compared him to Means. Looks like the last spot is between Lopez and LeBlanc, unless Felix makes a miraculous recovery. I believe Zimm will make a good amount of starts, just not in the initial rotation.